Status as of Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 am

Good morning! Here's a status update.
  • Yesterday, there were database problems that caused the mining server to lose some shares. We were not able to determine the cause of the problems. We only know that they weren't caused by anything in our code, and that it was a Postgres problem. We fixed the issue by restarting Postgres, and it seems like everything is back to normal. Hopefully, whatever the bug was, it is fixed in Postgres 10, and won't recur again once we upgrade.
  • We remain on schedule for the hardware upgrades tomorrow. Unfortunately, it turns out that the person who was receiving and holding all the equipment at the facility trashed some metal rails that were inside a server box, after we told him to retain what was inside but dispose of all the packaging materials. Therefore, we will need to take some coins offline shortly before Christmas to move the remaining servers from the ground into the rack, because the rails won't arrive until next week and we're not going all the way back to Philly and postponing the beginning of employee training just for that.
  • Chris had to go to sleep after the Postgres issue was resolved, and I apologize for that. He simply couldn't function anymore, after having been awake for 22 hours. He'll make share corrections when he wakes up.
  • I apologize for not being online this weekend. My motherboard failed, so I pulled forward other tasks and will now have more time to work on this system this week.
wowsuchcoin

Re: Status as of Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Post by wowsuchcoin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:21 am

Thanks for the update Steve. Do I/we need to submit a ticket to be eligible for share corrections on yesterdays payouts?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 am

wowsuchcoin wrote:Thanks for the update Steve. Do I/we need to submit a ticket to be eligible for share corrections on yesterdays payouts?
No. Chris will process the corrections automatically, in about 12 hours.
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:30 am

Thanks for everything you guys do.