Status as of Friday, November 17, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, November 17, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:06 am

Good morning!
  • We apologize for yesterday's pool issues. We suspect the issues were caused by increasing x11 hashrate, which increased the number of shares processed by the mining server. Parallelizing the mining server should completely eliminate this problem, once we have finished our current commitments this month.
  • The growth in x11 hashrate is pretty astonishing. I think that we're going to see, over the next few months, a situation that few who pre-ordered the miners expected. Profitability may still be attainable, but the manufacturers pumped out so much hardware that pools won't be able to handle all of it. There are rumors that NiceHash, for example, already increased its scrypt minimum difficulty to 131072, suggesting that they may also be limited by single-core performance. Miners will be unable to make their money back not because profitability is too low, but because pools will either not exist, be closed for registrations, be unstable, or have such high minimum difficulties like NiceHash that they find almost no shares.
  • While we can't completely finish out our current commitments until November 28, and next week will be disrupted by the holidays, one piece of good news is that there are only three more days where I will be unavailable to prevent something like yesterday's downtime from occurring.
  • Chris issued share corrections for miners yesterday. As always, miners earned 15% more than normal for the time that the system encountered problems.
  • As a reminder, our support ticket system is located at https://support.prohashing.com. Easy questions like "how do I get started?" are best posted on the forums, but specific questions about account balances should be entered into the ticketing system. It is critical that these questions go to the system and not to E-Mails, private forum messages, or other places where the wrong person receives them and cannot track them. We do not guarantee a response to any method of communication other than the support ticket system.
AppleMiner

Re: Status as of Friday, November 17, 2017

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:27 am

Note to mention here.
Make sure you create credentials on the https://support.prohashing.com page using NON-MS email accounts.

With the system being blocked from hotmail/outlook, if you setup your username/email and its MS based, the confirmation letter will never reach you to activate the account and that username will be lost, so now you will need a 2nd username just to put tickets in for help.

As it stands now, I have 1 account on the prohashing.com site, 1 account on the forums, and now 1 other account on the support site as I used the forum username but as I cant ever access the MS email I never got into any junk or inboxes, I had to scrap that and make a new account using a Gmail address so I could receive the confirmation and activate the account.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:48 am

AppleMiner wrote:Note to mention here.
Make sure you create credentials on the https://support.prohashing.com page using NON-MS email accounts.

With the system being blocked from hotmail/outlook, if you setup your username/email and its MS based, the confirmation letter will never reach you to activate the account and that username will be lost, so now you will need a 2nd username just to put tickets in for help.

As it stands now, I have 1 account on the prohashing.com site, 1 account on the forums, and now 1 other account on the support site as I used the forum username but as I cant ever access the MS email I never got into any junk or inboxes, I had to scrap that and make a new account using a Gmail address so I could receive the confirmation and activate the account.
This is a big problem that we hope to fix.

I'm going to ask Constance to integrate all these accounts into one system so that people don't have to create multiple accounts. It will also remove the need for canned replies of "what is your username" that delay tickets, and reduce fraud in the forums from people trying to steal money by pretending to be another person.
nemesis-t-warlock

Post by nemesis-t-warlock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm

How can we tell if we were issued a share correction and what it was?
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
AppleMiner wrote:Note to mention here.

This is a big problem that we hope to fix.

I'm going to ask Constance to integrate all these accounts into one system so that people don't have to create multiple accounts. It will also remove the need for canned replies of "what is your username" that delay tickets, and reduce fraud in the forums from people trying to steal money by pretending to be another person.
Steve, who is Constance ?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Constance Hilliard,
The future of Prohashing

One of the new hires they brought onboard as part of the Expansion.
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:47 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Constance Hilliard,
The future of Prohashing

One of the new hires they brought onboard as part of the Expansion.
Thanks, Apple ...