Status as of Friday, November 3, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, November 3, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:03 am

Good morning!
  • Last night, we revealed that we will be making an announcement on Tuesday about the future of the pool. Make sure you stop by then to hear the latest news.
  • There are some customers who are understandably frustrated with the continually increasing zero-fee payout limits on bitcoin. Chris is going to look into setting the free limit at $500, rather than $1000, for the next few weeks. Remember that you can still set the payout threshold lower or to zero and receive more immediate payouts. You'll still pay less for those payouts than you do at Coinbase, NiceHash (where they charge over $20 for a withdrawal) and many other sites.
  • Just to continue on this point, while we are opposed to the Core's beliefs, we aren't making this decision just to spite them somehow. We are a business, and we need to remain profitable, and we can't do that if we don't take steps before we're paying hundreds of dollars in transaction fees per day. Whether you agree with the Core's actions or not, the transaction fees are a direct consequence of their decision to limit the blocksize, and actions like these are what happens as a result. Remember that can always accept payment in litecoins or bitcoin cash to an exchange address and then trade them yourself for bitcoins to save money.
  • I wanted to remind everyone of the total system outage that is coming in three Tuesdays. Chris will be installing new servers and upgrading our existing servers to the latest versions of software.
  • This weekend, I'll be seeing if I can get more minor performance improvements out of the current version of the mining server. Though these issues are minor improvements, they are also low-risk. I want to exhaust all these possibilities before we have to move to full parallelization. Right now, the system is running slightly below capacity with the latest optimizations, so I'm hoping to get more optimizations and then increase the connection limit by a few percentage points.
Mrrt

Re: Status as of Friday, November 3, 2017

Post by Mrrt » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:40 am

Either implement SegWit or stop complaining about fees. What a clown show.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:14 pm

well i guess the upgrades coming in late November shows positive results of the evaluation
joshn712

Post by joshn712 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:31 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:well i guess the upgrades coming in late November shows positive results of the evaluation
im not sure why the secrecy, sounds silly really.
\
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:55 am

Screw the haters. I'm looking forward to the announcement and like Greg said, it sounds like it will be positive. You guys are doing great for the resources you have... the last few days I can see the results of the work you're putting in. Keep up the great work.