Status as of Friday, November 21

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, November 21

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:22 am

Here's today's status:
  • This weekend, I am going to focus on two issues. First, in the case of a "merge mined share is stale," the user should be credited for the work performed on the primary coin, and denied the work on the merge mined coin. Currently, work on both is rejected, reducing profitability by about 0.5%. This is a difficult fix, but it should optimize rejected shares to as low as I think it is possible to get them.
  • Second, there are some coins that have lost blocks due to a "hashMerkleRoot mismatch." They are currently disabled. I hope to, by Sunday, have an answer to this problem, which will allow us to enable about ten more coins now and more in the future. One of the coins that has lost blocks is Junkcoins, which currently has a profitability of 50 cents (although its market is thin, so we couldn't extract much value from it before we crashed the market).
  • Cryptsy denied a refund for their bug. The short summary is that they published the price of Megacoins as 0.00000007, but charged us 0.00005600 when we put in buy orders for 0.00000008. Even if this practice is not outright fraud, it certainly is very dishonest. You can't charge one price and then publish a different price for a good. We will be taking this issue to reddit later today, and I'll post a link here.
  • Chris is focusing on marketing. He created a facebook page and will be adding a twitter feed to the front page. He's working on a g+ page today, and will be contacting some altcoin developers as soon as the social networking pages are done.