Status as of Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:17 am

Good morning!
  • Yesterday, I had a day to myself and spent the entire day optimizing the existing code for network communication with miners. I was also able to reduce memory usage significantly, which will allow more data to fit on the processor cache and stop the system from slowing down over time. I suspect that I probably got a 1% capacity increase out of that, which isn't bad for a day's work that didn't introduce any risk of bugs. Chris released the changes but left the connection limit intact, so that there is now less CPU usage with the same number of customers.
  • Until we are able to remove the connection limit, please set a backup pool so that your miners fail over to the backup pool when no connection slots are available. The connection limit ensures that when you are connected, you won't receive a ridiculous number of stale shares due to CPU overload.
  • Chris was finally able to get in contact with another lawyer and will be talking with him tomorrow. That said, we are becoming convinced that nobody has any experience in this field and that we will have to make a decision ourselves. If tomorrow's conversation leads nowhere, we are going to finish our research and come to a conclusion about the future of the project this weekend. The more I read, the more I think that the decision will be positive, as I had a eureka moment last night. The wait has been frustrating to customers, performance is suffering, and it's long past time to make a final decision about the project's future.
  • Chris spent 10 hours last night reading legal documents, so he has not been answering the tickets, and for that he apologizes. He is also hard at work completing support for livecoin.net, which will take over for Novaexchange after its departure.
  • Thanks again to AppleMiner, who is allowing us to read all these legal documents by saving us time in deleting the constant spam from the sneaker hawkers and the scams selling pre-orders that are non-transferrable.
Raptor1

Re: Status as of Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Post by Raptor1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks for the update ...much appreciated
centar

Post by centar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:09 pm

That is all really good to hear. I think you're probably correct in assuming that there aren't many (if any) lawyers out there who can really adequately answer your questions and give you a definitive answer one way or another. Good luck on everything, hope to see you moving forward soon!
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:06 pm

I know you guys get a lot of grief, but remember there are those of us that appreciate everything you are doing.
xichas

Post by xichas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:44 am

Thanks Steve

Hope you guys solve your problems and have little time to answer my ticket because my account is locked with some coins in it... untill then best of luck!!!

Regards Xichas
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 am

Have the expected payouts been disabled?