Status as of Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:24 pm

Good evening!
  • Our agenda for this weekend will be support tickets. Two weeks ago, we were running at an average of 160, and the backlog now stands at just 75. I think that a backlog of 40 or 50 probably represents being "caught up," so we're within a weekend of that. There are still some very complex questions, especially dealing with payout issues, from September that Chris is working on. The goal will be to finish the weekend with the oldest ticket being started in October.
  • The cause for most of the tickets was bugs that had been fixed since August. I expect that we will now reach a state where most of our effort is spent answering the tickets, and we are able to keep them such that the limitation is customer reply time. Thanks for your patience during this busy time.
  • As the pool reaches its maximum capacity of 11,000 workers, we expect to close registrations. This time, the closure will be for an indefinite period, perhaps as long as the remainder of the year. We can't move forward without finishing our evaluation, and we can't hire anyone until we can move forward, and we can't handle the volume of tickets that will be generated in the initial stages of a performance upgrade without hiring someone. Hopefully, this closure will be brief, but we can't promise that.
  • Chris is going to adjust the BCC balance corrections so that they are value-based, rather than coin-based. That way, customers will not be asked to pay back more than they owe if the price of BCC fell in the iterim. You can continue mining and if it turns out that you were negatively impacted by the first change, your balance will automatically adjust upwards when Chris finishes his changes.
  • A brief reminder that customers are ultimately responsible for securing their own accounts, which means never reusing passwords, not forgetting your password, using two-factor authentication, backing up your two-factor codes, and preventing Tor access unless you use it. We'll continue to add additional features to improve security (as we just did with the Tor blocking), but the existing security measures, when used correctly, have yet to be broken.
  • A few customers pointed out that there have been some days where x11 mining has actually fallen below DASH mining. Chris is going to investigate the problem and determine whether this is a display issue, whether he's missing new coins, or whether there is a bug, and he should have more information this weekend.
jevons

Re: Status as of Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Post by jevons » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:00 am

Hello,
My mining machine has always been unable to achieve the best computing power and mine pool connection interruption, I rented a server in Ali cloud Hongkong, and PH ore pool to do data transfer.
Will I improve if I do that? Why doesn't PH make a node in Asia?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:54 am

I rented a server in Ali cloud Hongkong, and PH ore pool to do data transfer.

Not exactly sure what that means. PH ORE POOL ??
Need another translation please, or re-explain this please so it is understandable.
jevons

Post by jevons » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 pm

Alibaba u know ?