Status as of Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Hi!
  • Chris resolved the network connectivity problems. He discovered that upon installation, Debian multiplies the amount of memory in the system by some factor and produces a connection limit that it thinks would cause the system to run out of memory and crash. However, it is apparently well known that the connection limit is extremely conservative, as only 8 of the 16GB of RAM in the system is actually being used by everything on it, with the kernel only occupying a small part of that.
  • It took Chris about 10 hours of Google searches to figure that one out, because he didn't know what to search for. We wonder if the network connectivity issues that were present before now have also been resolved by this change.
  • We reopened registrations, since we determined that this issue was not caused by resource usage, although CPU overload caused by the number of coins will continue to cause stale shares until coin assignment is parallelized.
dog1965

Re: Status as of Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Post by dog1965 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Dam 16GB thats it I hope it is DDR4 at least. I have 128gb of DDR4 system ram and its just a personel computer. maybe you should close new connections again and get some more ram. But thats just me.

looking to update to the Optane Memory on the X299 MOBO with a nice fast xeon 32 core cpu.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:31 pm

dog1965 wrote:Dam 16GB thats it I hope it is DDR4 at least. I have 128gb of DDR4 system ram and its just a personel computer. maybe you should close new connections again and get some more ram. But thats just me.

looking to update to the Optane Memory on the X299 MOBO with a nice fast xeon 32 core cpu.
The server doesn't need any more memory. It's barely using half of it. As with most things we deal with, this was a software problem - and fortunately, if RAM does become a problem, we can easily add more.
greenhorn0815

Post by greenhorn0815 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Horray, thanks for the fix.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:20 pm

dog1965 wrote:Dam 16GB thats it I hope it is DDR4 at least. I have 128gb of DDR4 system ram and its just a personel computer. maybe you should close new connections again and get some more ram. But thats just me.

Its prolly even better than DDR4 dog, its likely ECC system memory.
If the memory in your computer crashes or writes the wrong value, maybe your windows crashes, maybe the game you are playing freezes, maybe there is a pixel that turns red then blue then red again on the picture you are looking at.

When an important system needs it, they use error correction control memory. Like for architecture where 1 wrong number could cause a building to topple and thousands of people die, or most routing servers, and banking systems. It just has an extra layer of checks and balances to make sure the data gets written and written correctly. Its pretty cool stuff.
OdysseyMining

Post by OdysseyMining » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:21 am

Hi Steve & Chris!

Well done on fix!! Amazing! noticed it straight away.
my miners were down for a good few hours, but just left them where they were knowing you would get it all sorted. Thanks for providing a site with professional features and payouts. love it! Best by far!

I have around 4GH Scrypt and 105 GH X11 here (another 132 GH x11 on its way here too!)
Recommend everyone the site. (someone else signing up today)

Is there a way to get past info on mined blocks or solo mined blocks etc? once its off the list on earnings page I cant seem to find it at all.

I also wanted to ask, any plans for a feature for mining Most profitable coin solo? i.e. a=x11 m=solo ? Think this would be a big winner since assume your algos incorporate total net hash drops is a sign for most profitable?

Also 1 topic open ( in support section) regarding BitDealCoin that wont payout to me (only when you get a chance. no hurry)

Thanks again guys! I had about 30 different pools I was signed up to to find dif coins that I wanted to mine until I found this place.

All the best!
Phil D
Odyssey Mining
mycide

Post by mycide » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 am

OdysseyMining wrote: Is there a way to get past info on mined blocks or solo mined blocks etc? once its off the list on earnings page I cant seem to find it at all.
I've been finding myself in the same situation, wanted to check my history of found blocks. It only shows last 24h i think.
But this could probably be sorted. Chris, Steve?
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:47 am

mycide wrote:
OdysseyMining wrote: Is there a way to get past info on mined blocks or solo mined blocks etc? once its off the list on earnings page I cant seem to find it at all.
I've been finding myself in the same situation, wanted to check my history of found blocks. It only shows last 24h i think.
But this could probably be sorted. Chris, Steve?
This issue requires an architectural change to several components. It requires storing the person who found the block in the found blocks table. Right now, we can't write a query that would return more than 12 hours of found blocks because of the joins required.

While disk space isn't that big of an issue, that does violate third normal form and requires triggers and tests to ensure consistency. We'll add it in the future. Once added, we'll be able to display 30 days of blocks because the queries will be a simple index scan, rather than the sequential scan with each row requiring an index scan in the shares table.
OdysseyMining

Post by OdysseyMining » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:40 am

Thanks for informative answer :)

By the way.. Amazingly fast connection now!! in past was hard work (albeit worth the wait) but now... super-fast!

Phil
Odyssey Mining
Scrypt
X11