Status as of Monday, October 16, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, October 16, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 am

Good morning!
  • Chris and I traveled to Asheville for a wedding this weekend. While there, the satellite Internet connection had insufficient upload bandwidth to do anything except answer support tickets, which Chris did a lot of. Chris was also able to spend 18 hours in the car answering tickets over a cell connection. We think that almost all of that class of tickets from August and September are now resolved. We also resolved another 120 tickets newer than those. There are now only 57 tickets that are waiting on a response from us, with another 85 tickets either waiting for customer or due for closure because the customer never replied.
  • We expect to hear from the attorney today.
  • Some customers have pointed out connectivity problems. Chris investigated them and determined that all of the problems are being reported by Nicehash customers. The same customers regularly report that using miners from their own homes does not cause a problem. We don't have access to Nicehash's system and don't know how their system is implemented or what could be wrong with the network. I suggest submitting support tickets to Nicehash to troubleshoot connectivity issues when the issue is solely a problem connecting with them (as almost all are.)
  • Also, I want to remind everyone that many tickets are being auto-closed because there isn't enough information provided to actually troubleshoot the issue, and the customer fails to reply with the requested information. If you don't include your username in a ticket, then Chris wrote a canned reply that will always be the first response asking for it. If you have connection difficulties, then we need to know basic information about your setup, like what miner type you are using and what software you are mining with and what password arguments you're providing. Unfortunately, Chris again responds with canned replies to vague problems that don't have enough information to be able to reproduce the issue, and that wastes his time and causes customers to have to wait for another response.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
lhfx21

Re: Status as of Monday, October 16, 2017

Post by lhfx21 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:39 am

Steve, my miners reported your pool as dead and I am not a customer of nicehash, I read in the chat many people with L3+ having the same issue.
Jules9

Post by Jules9 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 am

I am not a NH customer. I have been getting kicked off all weekend and this morning 1 of my miners is kicked off. Its not just a NH problem. Please fix.
siberianbreaks

Post by siberianbreaks » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 am

The issue is not only for nicehash customers, this just start a week ago
gnode

Post by gnode » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:12 am

The reject rate has increased so much that I'm getting the same payout as if I was just mining litecoins.
mck

Post by mck » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:14 am

Hi Steve, yesterday and today also I have a "connectivity problem" when connecting to Prohashing after a miner restart. Once my L3+ is connected it will stay connected, but after a restart it will first report Prohashing "Dead" for 10-15 minutes and run 4-6M DiffA# on my backup pool.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Chris will look into the connections issue later today.
lalpha

Post by lalpha » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Seems caused by works name issue? only 10 l3+, but shows 17 works on PH :(
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:33 pm

lalpha wrote:Seems caused by works name issue? only 10 l3+, but shows 17 works on PH :(
You can direct these 7 extra to my account ... :lol:
gestalt

Post by gestalt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good morning!
  • Chris and I traveled to Asheville for a wedding this weekend. While there, the satellite Internet connection had insufficient upload bandwidth to do anything except answer support tickets, which Chris did a lot of. Chris was also able to spend 18 hours in the car answering tickets over a cell connection. We think that almost all of that class of tickets from August and September are now resolved. We also resolved another 120 tickets newer than those. There are now only 57 tickets that are waiting on a response from us, with another 85 tickets either waiting for customer or due for closure because the customer never replied.
  • We expect to hear from the attorney today.
  • Some customers have pointed out connectivity problems. Chris investigated them and determined that all of the problems are being reported by Nicehash customers. The same customers regularly report that using miners from their own homes does not cause a problem. We don't have access to Nicehash's system and don't know how their system is implemented or what could be wrong with the network. I suggest submitting support tickets to Nicehash to troubleshoot connectivity issues when the issue is solely a problem connecting with them (as almost all are.)
  • Also, I want to remind everyone that many tickets are being auto-closed because there isn't enough information provided to actually troubleshoot the issue, and the customer fails to reply with the requested information. If you don't include your username in a ticket, then Chris wrote a canned reply that will always be the first response asking for it. If you have connection difficulties, then we need to know basic information about your setup, like what miner type you are using and what software you are mining with and what password arguments you're providing. Unfortunately, Chris again responds with canned replies to vague problems that don't have enough information to be able to reproduce the issue, and that wastes his time and causes customers to have to wait for another response.
I can confirm that the connectivity issues are not a nicehash exclusive problem. The problem exists on both the main 3333 port and the proxy 443 port. In case it helps, this is the error that is returned:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 167.88.15.87:3333

Somewhere around 90%+ of connection attempts have this result. As other people have stated there seems to be some sort of limit somewhere with about 7550 workers. However, there is no connection problem with the website or with WAMP services. If the website and the mining are both hosted on the same internet connection and one has problems while the other doesn't, that could help narrow down what is wrong. Anyways, I hope it gets resolved soon!