Status as of Sunday, November 9

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, November 9

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:44 am

Today, I'm going to perform some optimization on the system.
  • The time when most coin switches occur is when the pool finds a block, and then new work needs to be assigned to the miners. We don't know whether the block will be accepted by the network yet, and we can't just keep mining the old template, because that causes wasted work. Right now, the solution is to switch to a different coin for about 0.2s, and then switch back to the most profitable coin once we have a block template. A better solution may be to only switch back if the original coin is much more profitable (3-5%) than the coin which we switched to after the block was found. Theoretically, that should cause a slight loss of profitability, but it also causes a significant reduction in work restarts, which could outweigh any losses.
  • I'm going to add a column to the "running coins" chart so that single-coin miners can determine the profitability of each coin.
  • I'll continue to work on multiple exchanges, although users won't see any of that on the production system because it's not close to being ready.