Status as of Saturday, October 7, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Saturday, October 7, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:46 am

Good morning!
  • On the issue of bugs, there are two surprising issues that I discovered which I think will greatly reduce the number of tickets and improve customer satisfaction. In the first case, I discovered that static coin miners will indefinitely display "calculating hashrate" or "no valid shares yet" on the user interface, despite that they mined and earned like normal. It turns out that this was entirely a display issue, and I never considered that the website could simply be showing the wrong data. This issue had been reported repeatedly for months, but it was never brought to our attention until now because every customer who had reported it didn't reply to our requests for their password arguments to help them troubleshoot the problem. Once someone did reply, it was obvious that he was using "c=," which led to the discovery.
  • Second, we discovered a hashrate calculations issue where, if the database gets behind, the hashrate charts could show lower values for that period. The cause of the issue is that we had added a feature to not insert empty values into the charts if the database was behind, but it could still calculate intervals that were only partially inserted. If the intervals were five minutes, and the last inserted share occurred at 3 minutes after the hour, then the charts would be updated with all previous intervals and the interval between 0 and 5 minutes, which would show only 3/5 the hashrate that was probably online at that time.
  • These two fixes, since they are display issues only, will be held for a release tomorrow or Monday, along with "k=" and the electricity fixes I think we can get in below.
  • In the next release, I plan to fix electricity calculations. The options for electricity will be deleted from the "settings" page. They will be replaced by "w=" and a "p=" wattage and price password arguments. That way, the electricity usage will be computed on a per-miner basis and be more useful to customers, so that when only a few miners are offline, it doesn't throw off the electricity usage for all miners.
  • Also today, I'm going to go through a review of as many posts as possible in the forums to enforce the rules. In particular, I'm going to be looking at three violations: I'll be deleting accounts that have 20 or more of those one-line low-effort comments that are rarely pertinent to the discussion at hand, I'll be removing spam posts about shoes that got through the cracks, and I'll be warning users who personally attack other users.
VanessaEzekowitz

Re: Status as of Saturday, October 7, 2017

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:07 am

With regards to the power usage/cost graph, will you be correcting its history also?
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
TraderSP

Post by TraderSP » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm

And low earnings of yesterday? Nothing?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:10 pm

VanessaEzekowitz wrote:With regards to the power usage/cost graph, will you be correcting its history also?
The data to correct that was never collected, so unfortunately we won't be able to make changes to the past :(
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:48 pm

VanessaEzekowitz wrote:With regards to the power usage/cost graph, will you be correcting its history also?

Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link. at those prices no thanks.
VanessaEzekowitz

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
The data to correct that was never collected, so unfortunately we won't be able to make changes to the past :(
Well, crap. :P Maybe just null-out the stats for the affected period? Better to have nothing to show than to use invalid data (which appears to be the case now).
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79