Question on new feature

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Question on new feature

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:14 am

I wanted to get some thoughts on an easy-to-implement new feature that we could get running pretty quickly.

Some ASIC miners have difficulty switching coins. One way we can avoid this is to allow users to specify a single coin to mine in their password. In addition to "d=XXXX," we could also have "c=YYYY," where Y="Mintcoin," "Litecoin," and so on. If you set Y="Mintcoin," then your miners would only merge mine mintcoins and dogecoins, even if that combination is inferior to the most profitable coin. All other features of the pool would remain unchanged, so you could still mine litecoins and be paid in CHNCoins. The setting would be per miner, so you could still have other miners working on the optimal coin if you wanted.

For some people, such a setup might allow them to get a higher hashrate. Is this feature something people would use?