Status as of Thursday, October 5, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, October 5, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Good evening!
  • A new feature has been created: API key requirement. When API key requirement is enabled, customers must provide their API key as the "k=" password argument for every miner associated with the account. Miners that omit "k=" or which provide an incorrect key will be disconnected. The default is for API key requirement to be disabled, which means that "k=" is ignored.
  • This feature was brought to our attention by a customer who complained that his live worker statuses and charts were being polluted by someone who was using harassing worker names. Since the problem can't cause losses of money (in fact, people have to waste money to do this), this will be released along with other fixes on Sunday.
  • Chris called the lawyer today and it will likely be at least another week until that issue moves along.
  • I was able to reduce the number of support tickets from 148 down to about 95, but 68 of them are in "waiting for customer" state. The remaining 37 are difficult tickets, but some are duplicates like many customers pointing out a single coin that didn't pay out. Our focus this weekend will be on resolving these tickets, rather than adding new features.
  • Novaexchange added ETH base pairs to all of its markets, so Chris enabled them. In the first hour, we were only able to make 35 trades in those markets. I encourage everyone to trade in non-BTC base pairs so that we can all save on transaction fees and avoid the unusable bitcoin chain.
AppleMiner

Re: Status as of Thursday, October 5, 2017

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:00 pm

The #2 on here made me chuckle.
Really, people complained someone was sending them extra hashing power they didnt have to pay for?
Scroll the page down? Look at a different page and enjoy the free cash?

I accept all free hashing power to my account and I promise I wont complain at all or even look or care what you call the extra miners.
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good evening!
  • A new feature has been created: API key requirement. When API key requirement is enabled, customers must provide their API key as the "k=" password argument for every miner associated with the account. Miners that omit "k=" or which provide an incorrect key will be disconnected. The default is for API key requirement to be disabled, which means that "k=" is ignored.
  • This feature was brought to our attention by a customer who complained that his live worker statuses and charts were being polluted by someone who was using harassing worker names. Since the problem can't cause losses of money (in fact, people have to waste money to do this), this will be released along with other fixes on Sunday.
  • Chris called the lawyer today and it will likely be at least another week until that issue moves along.
  • I was able to reduce the number of support tickets from 148 down to about 95, but 68 of them are in "waiting for customer" state. The remaining 37 are difficult tickets, but some are duplicates like many customers pointing out a single coin that didn't pay out. Our focus this weekend will be on resolving these tickets, rather than adding new features.
  • Novaexchange added ETH base pairs to all of its markets, so Chris enabled them. In the first hour, we were only able to make 35 trades in those markets. I encourage everyone to trade in non-BTC base pairs so that we can all save on transaction fees and avoid the unusable bitcoin chain.
Great work! any status on the new exchange?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:46 am

Jalapan wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good evening!
Great work! any status on the new exchange?
Not right now. Chris is responsible for implementing the exchange, but it has been delayed until late October since we will need to go to Asheville for a wedding next week and he is buried in support tickets this week.
gestalt

Post by gestalt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:31 pm

Thanks for the "k=" argument. I am looking forward to using that one!
jimbo207

Post by jimbo207 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:38 pm

a
Last edited by jimbo207 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raptor

Post by raptor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 am

Is this API key requirement option a type of extra security? What is the point of it? And how do you enable it?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:36 am

jimbo207 wrote:hey Steve, I live in Asheville. lemme know if yall would like to meet for a frothy beverage while youre here. or if you need some local advice :)
I'd love to meet someone, but unfortunately, I don't think there will be any time to do so. To save time, we're going to arrive as late as possible, go to the wedding, and then around the next day and get back to work. There are too many tickets to do otherwise at this point, and we don't know when or if we will ever be able to get a lawyer to deal with the issue.
Gr33k

Post by Gr33k » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:24 pm

AND you deleted my message ? Fuck you guys - I'm done with this fucked up pool