Status as of Sunday, November 2

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, November 2

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:10 am

Here's an update of what's happening today:
  • Yesterday, I resolved three issues. First, there was a problem with electricity calculations, where they would be slightly off depending upon how many miners were mining on the pool. Second, the server used to send a work restart every 60 seconds just to make some buggy miners think the server is alive, but I optimized that to only send the restarts if no work restarts had been sent in the last 60 seconds. That reduces the number of restarts by 15%. Finally, I didn't realize that balances of coins that were zero or below weren't displaying, so I made those display on the "earnings" screen, particularly so that the "all time earnings" would be visible to all users. I deployed the latest changes to all of the issues.
  • The migration of the E-Mail and this server is finally complete after five days. That was a significant hindrance to the project and it caused development to be set back by a while. Fortunately, it is now behind us.
  • The biggest issue that takes up half of Chris's nights right now is a situation where there are coins that have extremely low balances to be paid out, and there aren't enough coins in the wallets to pay them. Those coins are sold because they exceed the pool's debts, but then Chris has to rebuy them the next night to pay these small balances in many coins. There is a fix for this issue in the multiple exchange code, but that will be slightly delayed because of the manual manpower required to process all the Cryptsy withdrawals until the fix is available.
  • There are two issues: one which involves difficulty 65536 shares and hashrate, and another which causes "coins mined per day" to show negative times, which I'm looking into right now.
  • If Kristof or someone else with one of those large miners wants to try again now, I'd be interested in seeing if the work restart optimizations made this morning have improved performance with those miners.