Status as of Saturday, September 16, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Saturday, September 16, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 am

• We were finally able to get an appointment with a lawyer tomorrow, so we are one step closer to being able to announce our decision from the August evaluation of the project's future.
  • Last night, Chris performed the maintenance as scheduled and installed solid state drives and eliminated the memory shortfall that caused mining server crashes. Everything should be back to normal. The biggest issue Chris needed to mitigate immediately was that the ETH blockchain is growing out of control, but the disks will also be used for SHA-256 coins when they are available. Please thank Chris for all the hard work he did last night - it took him three hours just to find the right chipset drivers for the mining server to install the local disk, and he didn't fall asleep until 6:30am!
  • Some payouts will likely be issued later than normal for the next few days, but they will still be within the promised time period. The decision to reverse the balance forfeitures on Thursday will lead to delays because we now have to withdrawal every coin we have every day, instead of having a reserve available to withdrawal all balances from one exchange.
lawminer

Re: Status as of Saturday, September 16, 2017

Post by lawminer » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 am

Good Job Chris sometimes finding the right chip set driver can be very frustrating
kleissen86

Post by kleissen86 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:33 am

If u guys ever need support or help I am a network administrator more than 10 years of experience.

Thank You.
lilbob

Post by lilbob » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks chris! <- how can i donate to chris if i am not on general ph (percentage option)? Is there a donate button?

The reversal was very much appreciated by all by the way, it was a shock to the system. I appologise for my account, the way i had understood the help section, from early june, until now, when the gains increased, i had assumed that the operation had returned to pre update, pre attack, pre network dealio normality. i am sure many people had no intention of purposefuly abusing an exploit, they simply thought they found a good thing that worked. When you talk to legal counsel, mention the need for an anti exploit clause, when you notice or realise that an exploit is possible, you may do rollbacks, as part of the user agreement.
This was/is an issue for all online 'games' (businesses). I recall the early days of 2003 to 2010, when people/devs had not realised the impact they were having on thousands or millions of users. Its great to see you guys taking this to the next level :) it is the future after all :)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 am

lilbob wrote:Thanks chris! <- how can i donate to chris if i am not on general ph (percentage option)? Is there a donate button?

The reversal was very much appreciated by all by the way, it was a shock to the system. I appologise for my account, the way i had understood the help section, from early june, until now, when the gains increased, i had assumed that the operation had returned to pre update, pre attack, pre network dealio normality. i am sure many people had no intention of purposefuly abusing an exploit, they simply thought they found a good thing that worked. When you talk to legal counsel, mention the need for an anti exploit clause, when you notice or realise that an exploit is possible, you may do rollbacks, as part of the user agreement.
This was/is an issue for all online 'games' (businesses). I recall the early days of 2003 to 2010, when people/devs had not realised the impact they were having on thousands or millions of users. Its great to see you guys taking this to the next level :) it is the future after all :)
There is already a clause in the documentation that states that if a mistake is in the customer's favor, we will give them what they earn plus a 15% bonus for their trouble - you can read it for yourself. In this case, we simply decided not to exercise it because it wouldn't be fair to do so.

The problem is that some people rent hashrate from cloud mining services, and they paid money that they otherwise couldn't afford to earn more money. Some of the miners made $60,000, and probably spent $50,000 for the hashrate. If we had clawed back their earnings, they would only have earned $40,000, which puts them in the hole by $10,000 that they would not have spent if they had known earlier their venture was unprofitable. Unless they admit that they knew they were doing something wrong (in which case we'll sue them), what they were doing was either an honest mistake, or something we can't prove was illegal.
peepeepool

Post by peepeepool » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 am

With BitConnect balances there is an error where the account shows an eligible balance to be paid but that balance was already paid yesterday during the forfeit reversal. Just want you to make sure you are not about to double pay some of these balances.
Gr33k

Post by Gr33k » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:07 pm

Nice work! Keep up the progress and you'll get there 100% :)
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Thanks for the good work.

Please consider that 99,9% of the lawyers are pretty ignorant on this matter and just want to suck your money.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 am

peepeepool wrote:With BitConnect balances there is an error where the account shows an eligible balance to be paid but that balance was already paid yesterday during the forfeit reversal. Just want you to make sure you are not about to double pay some of these balances.
Thanks! That explains why we had enough money but couldn't figure out where the database was wrong.