Status as of Thursday, September 7, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, September 7, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:39 am

Good morning!
  • Chris concluded after his research that the sole cause for almost all support tickets regarding lower profits was stale and lost shares. Those shares are caused by the delay that occurs when all miners are assigned a new coin, which is what happens when a big coin like bitconnectcoin finds a new block. I do not believe that coin selection itself is causing the problem, but rather sending the work to miners.
  • Today through Sunday, I'll be spending 100% of my time on improving the speed at which sending work occurs. I think that can be done at least partially because that was one action we never thought to investigate as a possible cause for slowdowns. All of the previous effort was put into coin selection. This will be a three-way fix. First, I can reduce the CPU load necessary to assign coins, and second, I'll determine if it makes more sense to create multiple stratum interfaces to communicate with miners, rather than having one stratum interface with multiple coin selectors as I originally thought was necessary.
  • Work continues on the legal front in advance of announcing our decision on the future of the project. Chris will be meeting with an attorney today to get a second opinion on some issues we identified as possible problems.
  • I hope to be able to issue a release tonight with at least some improvement. I'll post an update in about 12 hours.
FRISKIE

Re: Status as of Thursday, September 7, 2017

Post by FRISKIE » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 am

Good luck with that Steve, it does sound like you're going after the heart of what's causing most dissatisfaction lately.

Cheers,
Friskie
Tom3

Post by Tom3 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:53 am

Thank you for your efforts.
rudybit

Post by rudybit » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 am

hey steve thank you for the update best of luck. If tpu guys decide to close down the project we should talk about a hand off pr sell off, I have some people that would be interested in investing in a projext like this.. pm me if interested.
rudybit

Post by rudybit » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:02 am

sorry about spelling, damn fingers.
tabak6

Post by tabak6 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:21 am

Hello! You never figured out the shutdowns? I have one miner working fine, the second one is connected to the pool 30-40 minutes after changing the settings or rebooting, the third one does not connect to the pool at all! Maybe this is related to the IP address? Maybe the reason is that previously each lane was connected to a separate account? Please check the IP address blocking. Is this related to the account name?
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:44 am

Good job Steve :D
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:55 am

tabak6 wrote:Hello! You never figured out the shutdowns? I have one miner working fine, the second one is connected to the pool 30-40 minutes after changing the settings or rebooting, the third one does not connect to the pool at all! Maybe this is related to the IP address? Maybe the reason is that previously each lane was connected to a separate account? Please check the IP address blocking. Is this related to the account name?
We know for sure that no IP addresses are being blocked, so that isn't the problem.

There are some users who have found that which account the miners are connected to has an impact on whether they are able to connect, but before we investigate this issue we need to get CPU usage below 100% at all times. We need to rule out that it isn't a side effect like Linux disconnecting people to prioritize what it thinks are more important tasks.
tabak6

Post by tabak6 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:23 am

This problem is already 8 days, can we hope that you will solve it? Can I register a new account?
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:28 am

Open up a stratum server in EU. Cheap as fuck!