Status as of Sunday, September 3, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, September 3, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:50 am

Good morning! Here's a brief status update for today.
  • We'd like anyone who still has connectivity errors to please reply to this message. That means that you had issues connecting to the system yesterday or today (not on Friday or before then.) We are not referring to having stale shares, which can have a variety of other causes, or website display errors. We want to see if the issue has been resolved, or if not, then how much progress has been made towards a resolution. Please post your password arguments.
  • We are pleased to announce that we came to a decision on which way to proceed during yesterday's 3-hour conference call. However, we aren't able to provide any more information on the decision at this time. We'll post more in about two weeks. I just wanted to make a statement here to let people know that their concerns over pool capacity have not been forgotten.
  • My next task, which I'll be working on Thursday through Sunday, is to begin the parallelization of coin assignment. Since we already publish miner information to WAMP, the data necessary to create a parallel assignment program is already available to be subscribed to. Solving this problem will make the greatest difference possible in performance, debugging this will also be the hardest thing we've ever accomplished. We will need to make a call as to whether we should use the existing test environment on this because despite whatever happens during release, it will eventually have been worth getting it out sooner so that we can increase capacity to the expected 10TH/s this will yield. Right now, I suspect the capacity limit is around 2.5-3TH/s, so that's another enormous improvement.
  • We increased the auto-assignment and manual assignment maximum difficulties to 2^20 for script and 16 for x11, up from 2^19 and 8 previously. Remember that difficulty has no effect on profitability, and using higher difficulties contributes to making the pool better for everyone by reducing server load and (in some cases, it is reported) reducing wear on miners.
Eyedol-X

Re: Status as of Sunday, September 3, 2017

Post by Eyedol-X » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:42 am

I have an A4 pointed at pool right now as primary with another pool as secondary. Just noticed that it's currently mining on the secondary pool and has been for about 20 mins. The Live worker stats page shows its connected but no valid shares. The only password argument I'm using is "n=a4" with everything else being default on the miner, including it's speed.
drewspar

Post by drewspar » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:47 am

My scrypt miners are currently mining the backup pool. X11 miners seem to be fine.
galixxx

Post by galixxx » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:07 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good morning! Here's a brief status update for today.
  • We'd like anyone who still has connectivity errors to please reply to this message. That means that you had issues connecting to the system yesterday or today (not on Friday or before then.) We are not referring to having stale shares, which can have a variety of other causes, or website display errors. We want to see if the issue has been resolved, or if not, then how much progress has been made towards a resolution. Please post your password arguments.
  • We are pleased to announce that we came to a decision on which way to proceed during yesterday's 3-hour conference call. However, we aren't able to provide any more information on the decision at this time. We'll post more in about two weeks. I just wanted to make a statement here to let people know that their concerns over pool capacity have not been forgotten.
  • My next task, which I'll be working on Thursday through Sunday, is to begin the parallelization of coin assignment. Since we already publish miner information to WAMP, the data necessary to create a parallel assignment program is already available to be subscribed to. Solving this problem will make the greatest difference possible in performance, debugging this will also be the hardest thing we've ever accomplished. We will need to make a call as to whether we should use the existing test environment on this because despite whatever happens during release, it will eventually have been worth getting it out sooner so that we can increase capacity to the expected 10TH/s this will yield. Right now, I suspect the capacity limit is around 2.5-3TH/s, so that's another enormous improvement.
  • We increased the auto-assignment and manual assignment maximum difficulties to 2^20 for script and 16 for x11, up from 2^19 and 8 previously. Remember that difficulty has no effect on profitability, and using higher difficulties contributes to making the pool better for everyone by reducing server load and (in some cases, it is reported) reducing wear on miners.
I had issues this morning. Waiting for approx 5mins helped and I did get a slot.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:58 pm

I woke up around 1PM est to find only 3 of the 8 miners were hashing on PH.
I rebooted the other miners, they still listed the PH site as DEAD, even though 3 miners on the same network were seeing it, connected and recording shares just fine.
After another 5 mins the 3 on the site lost it also.
About 15 mins after the restart all the miners came back online including the 3 that saw it prevously that were NOT rebooted and reconnected just fine once it was ALIVE again to connect to.

All 8 miners had same account and d=32768 and a different n= name assigned to each.
mycide

Post by mycide » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:00 pm

I had issues today aswell, for several hours they were not able to connect.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Gr33k

Post by Gr33k » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:27 pm

BitConnect Coin is horrible. Some coins are worse than others - Efficiency for me has been as low as 80% :( - Did some soloing on BCC though and that was absolute garbage with all the rejections. Please check that out :)
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Now Gr33k is saying that, got a lot of rejected shares on reconnecting, maybe give it a try to cut out bitconnect for a while if it is profitable enough.
mycide

Post by mycide » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:29 pm

Got kicked off again now..
Im running L3+s password argument n="names" and d=131072
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:47 pm

mycide wrote:Got kicked off again now..
Im running L3+s password argument n="names" and d=131072
everyone is having issues right now