Status as of Friday, August 18, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Friday, August 18, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:02 am

Hi!
  • Over the past few days, there were duplicate shares inserted that increased profits by 15% over what was promised. Because of the earlier share issues, we don't plan to adjust profit downward, so everyone can consider the additional earnings as a gift for dealing with the issues last week. Thanks! Note that even if the same coins are profitable today, you should still expect to earn 15% less today because we adjusted for this issue. The WAMP live profitability is what you should expect to earn, and it may differ from individual coin profitabilities because we are adjusting the
  • The WAMP server is overloaded again, despite having increased its capacity by about 2x. The website is running out of database connections because there has been a surge in usage of the block explorers. The mining server has stale shares because coin assignment is currently running suboptimally to reduce CPU power. There are also connection issues caused by the VPN with Javapipe.
  • The one problem that doesn't seem to be occurring right now is missing shares. The last known case of that issue occurred on Tuesday, and all balances were corrected for missing shares. The "selected recent shares" only lists a random sample of shares, so not seeing shares there does not indicate shares missing.
  • There are currently about 100 outstanding support tickets. We resolved about 30 tickets yesterday. Thank you for your patience while we resolve the tickets. As a reminder, tickets are the only guaranteed way to receive a response to your questions, and since tickets are addressed in chronological order, submitting multiple tickets can't result in a faster response. Forum posts and private messages are not guaranteed support methods.
  • Most of the problems are due to not having enough manpower to address all issues. As stated before, we will be evaluating whether it will be more profitable to go up or down on Sunday and Tuesday. If we decide to go down, we will close registrations, eliminate features like block explorers that require maintenance and provide publicity that we wouldn't need, and allow attrition to reduce the number of miners as we fix issues over the next year or so.
  • If we decide to go up, we will spend money on a better connection and look to start hiring people in October. The main considerations we are still heavily researching include the state of our competitors, the value of coins after the current bubble pops, legal issues that we might have overlooked, and the simple issue of whether if we tried to become rich, our lives would really be any different than simply having an income sufficient to not worry about meeting rent every month. For example, what's the point of having a Galaxy S7 compared to an S6? That last concern is what has been giving me the most pause lately.
  • One thing we're sure about is that we want to make our customers' lives better. Staying at the current level has pretty much been ruled out, so service quality will improve one way or the other.
  • Again, we apologize for the performance issues lately and hope to provide better service soon! We really appreciate the customers who have stuck with us through this time and I would really like to thank Chris for all the hard work and dedication he puts towards the support tickets!
mountaintop1

Re: Status as of Friday, August 18, 2017

Post by mountaintop1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks Steve for the feedback
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:51 am

after current bubble we have the next one to look forward to.. train is going, standing on the side thinking about it is going to leave you behind.

Thank you both for a good service provided.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
georgiaturtle

Post by georgiaturtle » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 am

Upgrade to a Galaxy S8 Plus and you'll never look back. I've owned the S4, then S7 Edge, and now the 8. The 8 is a horse supports secure folders and I've not experienced a single performance issue with the multiple apps I have open as I did on earlier models.
dc101

Post by dc101 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:33 am

I have been using my iphone 6 for a few years now. It is still working perfectly fine like new. However, i still looking to change it to iPhone 8 once it release. (not because of it design because I don't care since I always have my cover on ) Why? because life is move on... Think about Yahoo, it was so success at the beginning and then why it falls behind? Think about Apple, why it can turn back when it was almost bankrupt?
vhmanu

Post by vhmanu » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:43 am

Steve could you please look into the profitability/Mined coins issue?
We are at 15-20% difference right now
Profitability/Pool Fee Error
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:47 pm

The one problem that doesn't seem to be occurring right now is missing shares. The last known case of that issue occurred on Tuesday, and all balances were corrected for missing shares. The "selected recent shares" only lists a random sample of shares, so not seeing shares there does not indicate shares missing.
Before I comment, could you clarify this for me? You are stating that there is NO missing share problem whatsoever now?

*EDIT* Also, could you define "adjusting" when you say adjusting coin profitability?
Last edited by JKDReaper on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunegg

Post by Sunegg » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:16 pm

Stick in there Steve! You are offering an awesome service that benefits all customers.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:09 pm

Over the past few days, there were duplicate shares inserted that increased profits by 15% over what was promised. Because of the earlier share issues, we don't plan to adjust profit downward, so everyone can consider the additional earnings as a gift for dealing with the issues last week. Thanks! Note that even if the same coins are profitable today, you should still expect to earn 15% less today because we adjusted for this issue. The WAMP live profitability is what you should expect to earn, and it may differ from individual coin profitabilities because we are adjusting them
so what your saying is... youre acting like the government.. giving us a cut up front.. to tax us more overtime.. what about that concept is a gift? does that mean the pool fee is essentially 20%?
joshn712

Post by joshn712 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:19 pm

So you say we should Thank You about giving us 15% extra for one day but you are going to take 15% away forever? Even if you take back the 15% today and restore to normal tomorrow why should we thank you? Isn't that a net net?? Please clarify..