Status as of Monday, August 7, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, August 7, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 am

Good morning!
  • A few customers have been mentioning something about missing shares. Chris will look into the issue later today.
  • Chris is going to his annual second-week-in-August video game meetup tomorrow. This time, he allocated time in the evenings to address support tickets; however, not much else will get done other than support tickets for the next week. I'll continue development but only fixes for any issues we discover from the last release are planned for release next week.
  • We should be able to relax the difficulty constraints after Chris determines if this missing shares issue is limited or wide in scope; it hasn't been done yet because of those reports.
  • We determined yesterday that we will not be able to address the "rapid coin switching" issue that some people reported, where their miners switch between coins every 1-2s at times. The share inserter parallelization allows for processing of almost unlimited numbers of shares, but does not allow for any faster coin assignment, and coin assignment is now the bottleneck. The "rapid coin switching" problem results from an inaccurate but faster method of coin assignment, which we plan to improve on Sept 17 with the parallelization of coin switching.
  • Before starting on the coin assignment issues, I'm going to try to optimize WAMP publication further. You should notice that the stats at the top of the page load much faster now, and the WAMP server doesn't disconnect as frequently. Yesterday, we were able to eliminate a key issue where profitability updates would be sent 3,000 times with identical data every 50s or so. Getting back to the "difference calculator" that I talked about earlier should further reduce bandwidth and CPU usage.
vhmanu

Re: Status as of Monday, August 7, 2017

Post by vhmanu » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 am

the shares should be okay now (at least looks ok to me), however there were some serious issues a few hours ago. See --> Possible missing shares since software update
The issue was present for several hours and happened every few minutes. My profit in this timespan is only a small part of what it "should be".
Steve Sokolowski wrote:The "rapid coin switching" problem results from an inaccurate but faster method of coin assignment, which we plan to improve on Sept 17 with the parallelization of coin switching
Correct me if i am wrong Steve, but wasn't the change (make it faster but inaccurate) to fight the difficulty share overload and the DDoS? i really thought you would change it back now as it didn't sound as a general capacity issue when you made the change
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 am

Correct me if i am wrong Steve, but wasn't the change (make it faster but inaccurate) to fight the difficulty share overload and the DDoS?
I thought so as well - 17 SEP is a long way off and I had to go back to static coin because of it.
C0ins

Post by C0ins » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 am

Still getting stale shares like crazy with L3+ and d=131k
93.46% efficiency.

Also, live balance not matching with total earnings anymore.

should I open a ticket?
megaquake

Post by megaquake » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:52 am

People should check their hashrate history, it is way off for my l3+ averaging ~150-200mhs
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:34 pm

vhmanu wrote:the shares should be okay now (at least looks ok to me), however there were some serious issues a few hours ago. See --> Possible missing shares since software update
The issue was present for several hours and happened every few minutes. My profit in this timespan is only a small part of what it "should be".
Steve Sokolowski wrote:The "rapid coin switching" problem results from an inaccurate but faster method of coin assignment, which we plan to improve on Sept 17 with the parallelization of coin switching
Correct me if i am wrong Steve, but wasn't the change (make it faster but inaccurate) to fight the difficulty share overload and the DDoS? i really thought you would change it back now as it didn't sound as a general capacity issue when you made the change
The rapid coin switching results from the coin assignment, which is restricted by the number of workers.

The overload was caused by the number of shares able to be inserted into the database, which is now resolved. Once we figure out what's going on with this 50% of shares missing issue and credit miners, then we will be able to reduce the difficulty constraints so that more shares can be inserted.
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Yep, my hashrate since release has gone down more then 50% Big drops, my 4 L3+ gone from 2000mhs++ to usually less then 1000 mhs sometimes low as 2-300mhs.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
pumaro

Post by pumaro » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:47 pm

so my instant hashrate today always shows over 5GH (10 L3+) which looks great but the graph shows my avg at 1.5GH so there seems to be a huge disconnect there and the earnings show along the lines of 1.5GH.
I hope Steve can fix this asap...
spierce

Post by spierce » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Although the pool claims to be running well (over $0.10 nearly all day, a rate not seen in weeks), my miners have mined less than half of yesterday.

Rejected shares aren't high enough to be the entire problem, but I am running about 80%; I usually at 95% or better.

What's going on?
mycide

Post by mycide » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:48 am

Update on what is happening? Maybe it would be better to roll back the servers to pre patch, if Chris is going on vacation for a few weeks, seems a bad moment to swamp yourself in work.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s