Status as of Thursday, August 3, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, August 3, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:52 am

Here's today's status:
  • Chris has not detected any obvious issues with the new system, so we will be pulling forward the release to Saturday. This release is a major change which may cause some issues, but we do not anticipate problems on the scale of those caused by the x11 release. The changes we are making are designed to make the system easier to understand by separating functions.
  • While we will be able to relax some constraints on share difficulty, we do not anticipate being able to resolve the issues with rejected shares during this release. The rejected shares are caused by a different constraint that reduces coin assignment accuracy to save CPU time. We won't be able to relax those constraints until coin assignment is separated from the rest of the system. Right now, we are targeting September 17 as the date we can achieve coin assignment separation.
  • BCH payouts are still delayed indefinitely because Novaexchange has locked its BCH wallet, and customers' BCH is tied up there. As soon as Novaexchange unlocks its wallet, BCH will be paid.
FRISKIE

Re: Status as of Thursday, August 3, 2017

Post by FRISKIE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:23 am

Best of luck guys, hoping to see a smiling community next week :)
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Here's today's status:
  • Chris has not detected any obvious issues with the new system, so we will be pulling forward the release to Saturday. This release is a major change which may cause some issues, but we do not anticipate problems on the scale of those caused by the x11 release. The changes we are making are designed to make the system easier to understand by separating functions.
  • While we will be able to relax some constraints on share difficulty, we do not anticipate being able to resolve the issues with rejected shares during this release. The rejected shares are caused by a different constraint that reduces coin assignment accuracy to save CPU time. We won't be able to relax those constraints until coin assignment is separated from the rest of the system. Right now, we are targeting September 17 as the date we can achieve coin assignment separation.
  • BCH payouts are still delayed indefinitely because Novaexchange has locked its BCH wallet, and customers' BCH is tied up there. As soon as Novaexchange unlocks its wallet, BCH will be paid.
Thanks, if I opt for BCH mining, will I still accrue rewards during this time?

I haven't had time to read through the threads, is there anything I can do on the side of my L3+ to improve performance (I understand it can't be fixed right now, but maybe an improvement?)
pilottage

Post by pilottage » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:06 pm

I would like to say BRAVO before the hour..... because you have already done a great progress as of today... the LIVE balances are ticking again like before....... and BCC is among us High.... congrats its ALREADY way more fluid.....

But TAX the RICH anyway!

I predict this day will be like July 27 not sooooo bad........
wkying79

Post by wkying79 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Steve,
Do u believe the planned release on Saturday will improve the rejected share rates?

I've been running mining operations for about 24-hours and seeing a 92.16% in efficiency which seems fairly significant.

Thanks for all the hard work.