Status as of Thursday, July 13, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, July 13, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:48 am

Hi! Here's a few thoughts about today:
  • Chris continues to investigate issues with the system, and I plan to work on many this weekend. While there are many reported issues on the forums, there are few support tickets related to them and I haven't been able to reproduce most of the issues. Customers are welcome to submit tickets if they think there are issues, but I think that the pool is operating well for most miners.
  • Unfortunately, profitability is declining across the board because of increased difficulties on many networks. Perhaps this is the beginning of my predicted decline toward 0.5 cents in the Fall.
  • There were many "balance forfeitures" from "low luck miners" last night. If you received one of these involuntary forfeitures, our theory has been that cloud mining services are contaminated with bad hashrate from firmware that doesn't submit every share.
  • Chris will be performing maintenance on Sunday morning, at about midnight EDT, to move the share data from the slow RAID 5 to the fast PRO 960 SSDs in the RAID 1. We haven't yet determined what the impact of the move will be, but Chris will update everyone later today when he figures out whether there will be any downtime. This action is a followup from July 6, when Chris installed the PRO 960s in the servers, and when completed, it should mitigate shares getting behind by 30-60 seconds when high-impact operations, like checking to see if blocks are confirmed, occur.
  • I finally was able to develop a plan to use WAMP as internal communication across a number of services, which should allow us to parallelize components even further and increase capacity. I'll be starting this weekend on that. Increased performance is a prerequisite for SHA-256 mining, and this parallelism will help with that. Some great news is that the pool is operating at 1.17TH/s total right now, and is not crashing or getting behind,
    even without these proposed improvements.
x10604266

Re: Status as of Thursday, July 13, 2017

Post by x10604266 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

Is there possible to set up a chart to show the average mining difficult in whole networks ? this may help us to know more. Thanks for all your works! ;)
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Any chance you guys will be able to activate Ripple in the near future?
Maxumark

Post by Maxumark » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:37 pm

I am curious if any of the many "balance forfeitures" from "low luck miners" last night were running L3, or L3+.
As far as I can tell on Wednesday July 12th the L3 and L3+ miners were effectively working with 1.25 hashing board disabled, but were paying the power of full hashing.
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:14 pm

FYI, updates like this are much appreciated.
I'm sure you guys are always busy dealing with something, but simple frequent updates, even if everything is good, helps keep the herd calm