Status as of Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:22 am

Hi! Here's a few notes about today:
  • We will be spending the morning on this release. We cannot reproduce all of the issues in the development environment, so we are going to start at 9:30am and continue working through the issues until they are all fixed. Fortunately, since there were no changes to coin assignment, all of the errors in this release should be easy to detect. There are either exception messages or there aren't, and when there are no more exceptions, the release is working correctly. If you are worried about renting hashrate, don't rent until noon.
  • Chris got the ticketing system online! We'll be updating the DNS and releasing a new version of the website that features the address. A thread in the "Support and Feedback" forum reviews some of the options for support. Of particular note is that forum private messages are no longer a preferred method of support. We want to keep all the issues in the ticketing system (E-Mails create tickets) or on the phone so that multiple people can read them and the best person qualified to handle a ticket can respond to it.
  • Once Chris enters all the tickets into the ticketing system, and the release is out, then we expect to be able to provide improved customer service by responding to tickets more quickly.
  • I wanted to remind everyone that we'll have 30m of downtime on the evening of July 6 to install two faster solid state disks, which should completely eliminate the database load issues for a long time.
FRISKIE

Re: Status as of Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Post by FRISKIE » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:12 pm

Really appreciate the road map, planning and heads-up when we should avoid the system for a while.

Best of luck!

FRISKIE
Searing

Re: Status as of Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Post by Searing » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:25 am

Well it is 5:22am now on 7/8/17 usa cdt

and my 5.35gh of like 15 miners is mining 'can't calculate hashrate air' at less then 1gh..just enough hash to keep it on your pool not enough hash to do what I want
and dump to my backup pool

worst of all worlds

folk got to be leaving prohashing in droves been a silly couple of weeks ..45min downtime supposedly yesterday turned into 7 hrs now this

just posting this because middle of am in usa at 5:24am cdt and no options (data hall equip) so just watching this cluster

anyway informed in case you don't know it is now dorked 1/2 assed and clinging to my miners (not allowing them to go to backup pool) at 1/10th normal hash

brad