Status as of Sunday, June 25, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, June 25, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:11 am

Here's today's few points:
  • Yesterday, I made a breakthrough and successfully managed to get the mining server working with pypy, a Python implementation that compiles frequently-run code to machine language. This was the logical next step because the majority of CPU time was now spent in Python functions that assign miners to coins. The improvement was vast enough that I was for the first time able to get the 5000 worker script to run, whereas with CPython it would stutter and crash. I think that CPU usage will be reduced enough that we can have 1.4TH/s of capacity and 6000 workers before the next optimization needs to be made somewhere else.
  • However, the process to release these changes will require about 20 steps to install many dependencies. I can test everything in development, but with so many dependencies, something is bound to go wrong at first in production. Since the system is not at capacity right now and the other bugfixes are minor, we decided to wait until July 2, or when the system hits 900 GH/s scrypt + x11, whichever occurs first.
  • Chris tried to spend $1200 on purse.io to order the solid state disks for July 6 installation, but he found that the cost of transaction fees to send the bitcoins outweighed the discounts he could receive by saving those fees, so he used a credit card. This should be a lesson to merchants - if you want customers to purchase your products, accept litecoins/ETH or the price with fees is too high.
  • Chris spent the day adding 30 new coins and discontinuing old coins, which should have improved profitability. He also investigated why some coins go into error for brief periods of time and tweaked configuration to try to solve that problem. He did not get to the ticketing system yet and will do that soon. At this point, Chris has now resolved all the issues backlogged by the attacks.
  • I successfully completed the transition of the default payout coin to litecoins. Now, litecoins will be earned instead of bitcoins when customers' preferred payout coins are in error. This way, there won't be useless bitcoins sitting in accounts anymore.
pilottage

Re: Status as of Sunday, June 25, 2017

Post by pilottage » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:01 am

we feel the SSD prowess thanks! also feeling that more secondary shares are possible with your new settings.... feels more responsive and we hash better hashrates since yesterday. Thanks
rootdude

Post by rootdude » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:40 pm

Speaking of which:

-- I successfully completed the transition of the default payout coin to litecoins. Now, litecoins will be earned instead of bitcoins when
customers' preferred payout coins are in error. This way, there won't be useless bitcoins sitting in accounts anymore.

I'm sure myself and others have some few dollars or tens of dollars locked up in BTC here... that it'd cost more to xfer than it's worth. Can we set something up to convert those bits to another coin we are spec'ing on to get rid of that balance? I don't want to waste time mining and converting to BTC just to meet the xfer threshold...

Thanks,
Root
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm

rootdude wrote:Speaking of which:

-- I successfully completed the transition of the default payout coin to litecoins. Now, litecoins will be earned instead of bitcoins when
customers' preferred payout coins are in error. This way, there won't be useless bitcoins sitting in accounts anymore.

I'm sure myself and others have some few dollars or tens of dollars locked up in BTC here... that it'd cost more to xfer than it's worth. Can we set something up to convert those bits to another coin we are spec'ing on to get rid of that balance? I don't want to waste time mining and converting to BTC just to meet the xfer threshold...

Thanks,
Root
even just the option to forfeit, since its not the default. this should be unlocked in settings now, but its not.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:40 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:

Thanks,
Root
even just the option to forfeit, since its not the default. this should be unlocked in settings now, but its not.
This feature is finished, but will be released on July 2. Or was I confused?
rootdude

Post by rootdude » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:16 pm

You tell us Steve? LOL
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:

Thanks,
Root
This feature is finished, but will be released on July 2. Or was I confused?
missed the part about July 2nd Launch. my bad