Status as of Thursday, June 22, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, June 22, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:35 am

Good morning! Here's a few notes:
  • Chris improved stability last night by creating multiple OpenVPN tunnels. OpenVPN is singlethreaded, and Chris had all the traffic for all servers running through one tunnel before. Now there is a four-core processor to handle the four IP addresses for the site, and none of the tunnels ever reaches above 25% CPU on the VPS end. On our end, the tunnels never get about 5%, because we have > 2nd generation processors, which include hardware encryption and compression.
  • I started work on publishing WAMP data for the charts page using differences, which should significantly reduce bandwidth usage. I don't expect to finish before the weekend because this is a difficult task that will introduce bugs.
  • The "coins mined per day" chart isn't working because we didn't design it to function with days when no coins were mined. Chris will resolve that today.
  • WAMP connections are now limited per IP address and WAMP seems to be functioning better as a result.
  • If you have questions about coins or profitability, Chris can help out with them. It took a week, but there is no known work remaining dealing with the attacks. Chris is going to spend the day responding to customer service requests and returning to the normal sorts of tweaks and improvements, like adding coins, that improve profitability.
  • It turns out that Javapipe had its first ever outage the night before last, which just happened to be the first day we used their service. That apparently resulted in a few hours of unreliable service yesterday. We apologize for that.
  • Work continues on website features to enhance security, as discussed yesterday. SHA-256 mining is on hold until all attacks have stopped and we have added all of the website protections.
  • We're aware that the transaction IDs for Ethereum payouts are incorrect. There is no ETA on a fix for this problem and it is low priority, below the security and attack concerns.
JoeTheMiner

Re: Status as of Thursday, June 22, 2017

Post by JoeTheMiner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:51 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good morning! Here's a few notes:
  • Chris improved stability last night by creating multiple OpenVPN tunnels. OpenVPN is singlethreaded, and Chris had all the traffic for all servers running through one tunnel before. Now there is a four-core processor to handle the four IP addresses for the site, and none of the tunnels ever reaches above 25% CPU on the VPS end. On our end, the tunnels never get about 5%, because we have > 2nd generation processors, which include hardware encryption and compression.
  • I started work on publishing WAMP data for the charts page using differences, which should significantly reduce bandwidth usage. I don't expect to finish before the weekend because this is a difficult task that will introduce bugs.
  • The "coins mined per day" chart isn't working because we didn't design it to function with days when no coins were mined. Chris will resolve that today.
  • WAMP connections are now limited per IP address and WAMP seems to be functioning better as a result.
  • If you have questions about coins or profitability, Chris can help out with them. It took a week, but there is no known work remaining dealing with the attacks. Chris is going to spend the day responding to customer service requests and returning to the normal sorts of tweaks and improvements, like adding coins, that improve profitability.
  • It turns out that Javapipe had its first ever outage the night before last, which just happened to be the first day we used their service. That apparently resulted in a few hours of unreliable service yesterday. We apologize for that.
  • Work continues on website features to enhance security, as discussed yesterday. SHA-256 mining is on hold until all attacks have stopped and we have added all of the website protections.
  • We're aware that the transaction IDs for Ethereum payouts are incorrect. There is no ETA on a fix for this problem and it is low priority, below the security and attack concerns.
Steve,

WAMP appears to be having issues today. It does good for a little while and then drops the connection to my server. Here is the error it is generating:

2017-06-22T13:50:39 dropping connection to peer tcp:192.3.198.6:443 with abort=True: WebSocket ping timeout (peer did not respond with pong in time)
2017-06-22T13:50:45 session closed with reason wamp.close.transport_lost [WAMP transport was lost without closing the session before]

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 am

JoeTheMiner wrote:
Steve,

WAMP appears to be having issues today. It does good for a little while and then drops the connection to my server. Here is the error it is generating:

2017-06-22T13:50:39 dropping connection to peer tcp:192.3.198.6:443 with abort=True: WebSocket ping timeout (peer did not respond with pong in time)
2017-06-22T13:50:45 session closed with reason wamp.close.transport_lost [WAMP transport was lost without closing the session before]

Any ideas?

Thanks.
This behavior sounds like what would be seen if there were too many connections coming from your IP address.

Are you sure you don't have a lot of connections from the same IP address? Try closing browser windows and only running the bot.
JoeTheMiner

Post by JoeTheMiner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

After looking into this my IP is only making one connection and waiting for updates from Prohashing. Not for sure what the problem is but appears Prohashing's end is timing out. I have the bot running on a VPS so the IP of the bot is different than my home IP. Can you look into why it is disconnecting my VPS IP? I can send it to you via PM if that works.
Mrrt

Post by Mrrt » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:33 am

LOL way to check your edge cases guys. Top notch programming right there :lol:

/troll
JoeTheMiner

Post by JoeTheMiner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:40 pm

JoeTheMiner wrote:After looking into this my IP is only making one connection and waiting for updates from Prohashing. Not for sure what the problem is but appears Prohashing's end is timing out. I have the bot running on a VPS so the IP of the bot is different than my home IP. Can you look into why it is disconnecting my VPS IP? I can send it to you via PM if that works.
I made some modifications. Not for sure it helped or the issue corrected itself. Either way seems to be working now.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:45 pm

JoeTheMiner wrote:
JoeTheMiner wrote:After looking into this my IP is only making one connection and waiting for updates from Prohashing. Not for sure what the problem is but appears Prohashing's end is timing out. I have the bot running on a VPS so the IP of the bot is different than my home IP. Can you look into why it is disconnecting my VPS IP? I can send it to you via PM if that works.
I made some modifications. Not for sure it helped or the issue corrected itself. Either way seems to be working now.
What kind of corrections did you make?
JoeTheMiner

Post by JoeTheMiner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
JoeTheMiner wrote:
Well it is down again so it didn't seem to help. I just moved some logic around in my code but it didn't seem to work.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm

JoeTheMiner wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
JoeTheMiner wrote:
Well it is down again so it didn't seem to help. I just moved some logic around in my code but it didn't seem to work.
Chris increased the number of connections allowed per IP address. Try now.

There just seems to be bandwidth overload at the moment. That will be fixed this weekend, with the "difference engine" I'm working on.
JoeTheMiner

Post by JoeTheMiner » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
JoeTheMiner wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Chris increased the number of connections allowed per IP address. Try now.

There just seems to be bandwidth overload at the moment. That will be fixed this weekend, with the "difference engine" I'm working on.
Sounds good thank you for your continued support!