Status as of Thursday, October 9

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Status as of Thursday, October 9

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:56 pm

We traced this to an issue with resource contention on our database server. I created a thread explaining it in the support forum and I will update the progress there.
yan7181

Post by yan7181 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:23 am

which expected payout we should follow, the one at the chart, or the one shown beside the forum icon?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:34 am

The top of the page is the payout averaged over the past 24 hours. The chart is the instantaneous payout at the time listed. I'm sorry about the confusion; just realized that this is not described well in the help so I will explain it better in the next release.
yan7181

Post by yan7181 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:42 am

okay,i thought so. it is not nice since so many new miners have joined in now and the return drop till 0.00035 per mhs.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:56 am

Right now I am double-checking the payout reported at the top of the page to ensure it is correct. I do not want to mislead customers.
yan7181

Post by yan7181 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:38 am

One more question, why payout threshold varies from time to time? so once ur aged amount have achieved the threshold, it will automatically sent to ur wallet?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:06 am

The payout threshold is held at $2.50 USD equivalent for all coins, so as the coins' prices relative to USD vary, so does the payout threshold. I know the help file says it's $5.00 minimum, but we decided to lower it to $2.50 since we were not spending as much on transaction fees as we originally anticipated.

Coins mature in the morning and payouts are executed the next morning, so the money you earned on October 9 will show up in the aged column this morning of October 10 and will be paid in the morning of October 11 (assuming the aged balance meets the threshold at that time). This 24 hours is necessary to allow time for the coins to mature, deposit to the exchanges, trade at the exchanges, and withdrawal to the pool's hot wallets before being transferred to your own wallet.

One thing to remember is that since we are a pay-per-share pool, your earnings are locked as soon as you submit a share, so the amount you see in your account at any time is exactly what you will eventually be paid. Unlike PPLNS pools, your balances won't change due to fluctuating exchange rates.