Status as of Sunday, June 11, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
frphm

Re: Status as of Sunday, June 11, 2017

Post by frphm » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Steve. do you have any details on what leads you to believe that a crash is imminent?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:50 pm

frphm wrote:Steve. do you have any details on what leads you to believe that a crash is imminent?
I don't think a crash is imminent. This bubble is going to last at least until ETH takes the #1 position.

But all bubbles crash, and this one is turning out to be far beyond the previous bubbles. I can't imagine a case where bitcoins never are worth $980 again, for example. It's just the way it always has worked.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 pm

what do you expect BTC's lowest Price per btc will be
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

FRISKIE wrote:A thought about an "imminent" price crash . .

I was thinking today about the state of the crypto-space, and how it has matured well beyond what this whole space meant during the last serious crash. We now have a number of viable projects, Ethereum smart contracts, initiatives to develop BaaS (blockchain as a service), DApps and so on - what has been missing is that magic ingredient, broader public recognition of all this and involvement in realizing its potential.

That said, what we could possibly be seeing is not a bubble in any traditional sense, but the inflow of public engagement, some purely for profit, but a number of which will learn more, embrace the technologies, and generate more buzz.

The technologies are at the point of maturity that developers have begun to work on solutions with "real world" application, efforts which move the crypto-space out of it's Bitcoin-centric focus and into a world where a broader array of blockchain enabled technologies can see the light of day now that more people are paying attention.

Just sayin' ;)

FRISKIE
I agree with you almost entirely...the more these "major" coins increase in value combined with the ever growing investments of ICOs, the more the news will cover it...leading to new people trading/investing/mining...leading to word of mouth to their friends...leading to increased coverage...snowball.

I would say that for another collapse to be avoided, we have to avoid the collapse...ya, a catch 22. If there's a major bump where several well covered coins have a huge drop and new people to the crypto world loose a lot of money, they leave (many) with a bad taste in their mouth, spread their misfortune, and then the coverage becomes negative...leading to a larger drop...snow ball.

Another thing that is needed is broader "real world" uses. Many companies/businesses are accepting coins now...but they are still a fairly rare thing. To me, for what my opinion may be worth, a current coin, but preferably a new ICO or even a spin off, needs to give the skeptical and misinformed public a reason to use crypto...compare the current monetary system and crypto currencies to credit cards. If you have a choice to use a credit card that is "normal" or another card, one that is accepted the same places, has same interest rates, same atm fees, same everything...with the exception of it provides a %5 cash back and it rewards you with free electronics for every "X" number of dollars you spend...even if that card was new...which would you use?

Don't get me wrong, we can see the advantages and reasons to use crypto and know its potentials...but the general populas doesn't. This is what I personally think needs to happen to not only prevent another collapse, but to maintain growth. Do I think this phenomenal growth is going to continue? No...we will experience a dip...I just can't decide how big it will be and what its long term effects will be.

My 2 bits