Status as of Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 am

Here's a brief status update:
  • Last night, Chris resolved one of the core issues causing instability with the system. He discovered that the database-operator, which stores share data and holds lookup tables in memory for customers' payout proportions, was running out of memory because we have had so many customers recently. For now, the simple solution was to increase the memory allocated to the mining server. In the future, I'll modify the tables so that they omit customers who haven't mined with the pool for a long time.
  • See the post about the system upgrades that will be performed over the Memorial Day weekend. Upgrades are likely to begin tomorrow night and continue through Sunday night. There are so many components to install that it will take multiple actions to get them all finished.
  • There are three additional stability improvements on the way. First, there is a failsafe being tested to restart the share inserter if it runs out of memory, so that even if something happens to it, mining will continue with maybe 5 seconds lost across the entire pool. Second, there are some general software improvements to record less data about rigs in the mining server's memory, which should lead to fewer processor cache misses and increased performance as a result. Finally, we'll be upgrading to newer hardware that should at least double mining server capacity.
  • Michael was able to finish a few modifications to the payout threshold displays on the website to better clarify to customers when fees will be incurred. The new display makes it clear that increasing the payout threshold is free, and lowering it costs money.
UPSoft

Re: Status as of Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Post by UPSoft » Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am

Nice!
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Wed May 24, 2017 2:17 pm

a bug still remains with this.... the first page works as expected where you set the amounts... but in the earnings screen it still erroneously states that you will incur a fee and that the amount has been lowered instead of raised (i put my BTC at .1)
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Wed May 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Also on that server... i know its a low tech solution but one of the best ways you can make sure you wont crash due to running out of memory is to either increase it drastically, or to increase your swap space..... that way it has a chance to recover even if it slows down some due to the swapping it prevents it from dying and gives a chance for the situational/momentary load to drecrease and solve itself.
pilottage

Post by pilottage » Wed May 24, 2017 4:47 pm

I have remarked a little bug in the payouts... I had set a 100 000 Reddcoin limit but it cashed out already just in the 2500 Redd... unexpected event... did the same for a 2000 Limit in DGB that was blown out at 700.... you might look into these little glitches... otherwise congrats... its abreeze to be at the interval of finance hashing and trading at ounce... thanks to your genius.... Bravo!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 26, 2017 1:16 pm

tmopar wrote:a bug still remains with this.... the first page works as expected where you set the amounts... but in the earnings screen it still erroneously states that you will incur a fee and that the amount has been lowered instead of raised (i put my BTC at .1)
Thanks for this report. I'll make sure this issue gets resolved.