Status as of Sunday, May 7, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, May 7, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 07, 2017 4:21 pm

We put out a new mining server release and plan to put out a new website release this evening. Here's what's new:
  • We found an issue where static coin miners who would connect to the pool and then not submit shares for a very long period of time would see strings of stale shares when they started submitting them again, because the mining server would not send them new work until the next block arrived for that coin. Now, if a miner has been idle for many hours and submits stale work, (s)he will be immediately assigned new work to prevent these strings of stale shares.
  • The set_extranonce and mining.extranonce.subscribe functions were implemented, which should eliminate problems with miningrigrentals rentals that have "xnonce" next to their names.
  • We tried a different approach to finding the memory leak that is causing the server to crash every two days, and perhaps this attempt will fix it. So far, usage is low and we'll see what happens.
  • The website was modified to allow sorting of found blocks by a one of a few columns, like "value" or "coin," rather than only "time." This feature had been requested by some users. You'll be able to check this out by clicking "history" in the "found blocks" page later tonight.
  • Solo-mined found blocks will now be contain additional information of "credited" or "uncredited" in these found block displays, as some users requested.
jinxorbit

Re: Status as of Sunday, May 7, 2017

Post by jinxorbit » Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

Steve; are you still thinking of bringing Sha256 online, I have a modest 7.3Ths that I will bring online at PH if and when you make it available.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Mon May 08, 2017 10:36 am

Steve, does that mean putting #xnsub in my miner now has an effect on this pool?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

jinxorbit wrote:Steve; are you still thinking of bringing Sha256 online, I have a modest 7.3Ths that I will bring online at PH if and when you make it available.
The earliest this would be available would probably be June 10. We plan to upgrade the servers around Memorial Day, and then it will take Chris time to install the 175 SHA-256 coins.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 08, 2017 11:41 am

GenTarkin wrote:Steve, does that mean putting #xnsub in my miner now has an effect on this pool?
It has no effect on this pool, because xnsub is only useful for pools that switch between other pools - like "metapools" or services like NiceHash that swap out miners.

The problem is that some rental services don't let the renter change whether xnsub is provided or not, and they would disconnect renters who sent the miners to pools that didn't support it.

Previously, because we didn't support the feature, some users from "metapools" or rental services like NiceHash that required it would fail to connect. The change was to correctly respond to the request by saying the feature was supported, because it makes no difference and people shouldn't be disconnected. Now, the behavior is that you can provide "xnsub" or not, and either way it will do what it did before.
dfair98

Post by dfair98 » Tue May 09, 2017 12:28 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: [*] The website was modified to allow sorting of found blocks by a one of a few columns, like "value" or "coin," rather than only "time." This feature had been requested by some users. You'll be able to check this out by clicking "history" in the "found blocks" page later tonight.
[/list]
I think this should still default to time instead of status. unless you add in some persistence last sorted column and direction.
VanessaEzekowitz

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 am

Speaking of adding stuff to the website.. one thing I noticed when I first joined was how much the pool site resembles the "1dash" page layout (I refer specifically to the pool/miner monitoring dashboard site for a long defunct alt coin - I don't know if it's related at all to what comes up in a Google search for the term today). In particular, the different sections of the page layout could be moved around by drag-and-drop, if memory serves. Any chance you could add such a feature here?
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 am

VanessaEzekowitz wrote:Speaking of adding stuff to the website.. one thing I noticed when I first joined was how much the pool site resembles the "1dash" page layout (I refer specifically to the pool/miner monitoring dashboard site for a long defunct alt coin - I don't know if it's related at all to what comes up in a Google search for the term today). In particular, the different sections of the page layout could be moved around by drag-and-drop, if memory serves. Any chance you could add such a feature here?
The similarity might be because of how Bootstrap was used to design the site (getbootstrap.com). You'll see that black top bar on many sites.

We'll add this suggestion to the list, but it is a time-consuming fix. As a new feature, the bugfixes need to be implemented first, of course.
VanessaEzekowitz

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 am

Oh no worries, and no hurry. Just something I figured might be useful. Meanwhile, I'm certainly enjoying the profits lately. Keep 'em coming! :)
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
dfair98

Post by dfair98 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:29 am

Yeah that would be a nice feature to add!