Status as of Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:06 am

Hi, here's a status update:
  • Yesterday, we focused on three major issues. First, Chris is completing the restoration of the block explorer data. The system is now at a point where the data can be used as soon as it is coming online, so some coins are already available. Chris think that all explorers will be finished by tomorrow morning at this rate. The reason the database is always just barely behind is because 1TB of data is being written by the explorers.
  • Second, we resolved the miner hashrate charts. At the same time, we also resolved a problem that has been with the system for years: when it got behind, hashrates would be calculated with the missing data. Please let us know if the hashrate charts still have problems.
  • Third, we discovered a method to significantly improve performance by eliminating coins from mining consideration based on selecting a large coin like Gamecredits and ignoring all coins less profitable than it. In almost all cases, there should be no change to coin assignment. In rare cases, it is possible that the coins assigned to users will be "suboptimal," in that a user might see work restarts more frequently. There were some issues with this release that occurred overnight, which we fixed this morning.
  • The statistics we are looking for now are whether there have been rejected shares or slowdowns on the website since 9:00am EDT. If there are none or very few, then we plan to stop with the performance enhancements for now, because that means that performance was the cause and it is acceptable at this point. We'll move on to fixing bugs with other parts of the system. Ideally, we will be able to either today, or by the weekend, make a code freeze against the mining server and not restart it again until new features are added. We'll be analyzing things like rejected shares that occurred after 9:00am to determine whether all of those issues were caused by server overload or not.
  • I think we figured out why the live worker statistics keep crashing, and why people using the WAMP API are having so many issues. There was a function sending updates 1000x more frequently than it should have been. The issue has been resolved. Hopefully it will also resolve the problem with the forums running out of memory, too.
gcavarza

Re: Status as of Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Post by gcavarza » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 am

Hi Steve. I would like to know why before adding X11 Scrypt, Payout mining scrypt where so good and now they are very lower. I have a Titan 330 Mhs and I recieved daily about 25/27 $, now I recieve about 17/18$ even if bitcoin is rising up every day. before x11, mining was so profitable. Is there the possibility to return to such earnings? I wrote also an email about 15 days ago but I didn't recieve any answer.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:14 am

I've analyzed this in depth myself, and I've concluded that the decline in profitability has little to do with the X11 release. The X11 release unintentionally coincided with a change in the markets. The reason profitability was high shortly before the release was BitConnectcoin. I added the coin before any other large pool knew about it, and we reaped the rewards. There were a few private pools mining it, but nothing big, resulting in huge profits for everyone. Around the time of the X11 release, another large pool joined into mining BitConnectcoin, reducing its profitability. Now, in addition to that, the price for BitConnectcoin are declining, so it is making up less and less of our hashrate each day. I continue looking for new coins, but unfortunately I think the party with BitConnectcoin is ending.
gcavarza

Post by gcavarza » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 am

Thanks for your answer. The last questiom: I have a KNC Titan Miner. Do you know if I can mine also X11 or other algorythm instead of scrypt algorythm?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:13 am

I've never owned a Titan, but from what I remember, they can mine scrypt or scrypt-n. I have no idea about the profitability of scrypt-n though.