Status as of Sunday, September 21

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, September 21

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:08 am

Here's today's progress:
  • Chris is starting to have trouble with Cryptsy's daemons. Some coins are suddenly going into "maintenance" mode. Since we obtained new customers this weekend, Chris suspects that our customers are starting to be viewed as a 51% attack on some of the weaker coins like Nibbles, and Cryptsy, which doesn't know what is going on, is putting its wallets into this mode in response. I'm going to tell Chris to create a customer support ticket to ask them to kill their ticker updates when a wallet is in maintenance mode, because it's not correct for them to say that you can trade a coin that cannot be deposited.
  • I have the Dev server successfully tracking Poloniex data. This morning, I hope to get Cryptsy working again on Dev, and then will implement the actual trading for Poloniex this afternoon. Next weekend, we'll probably ask for two customers to change to the Dev pool to validate these changes. I don't think it will be a problem finding people to try it out, because that pool will be more profitable (otherwise, we wouldn't be implementing Poloniex).
  • jimlite called Chris on Thursday, and we implemented some of his suggestions. They are finished and ready for regression testing by Chris today or tomorrow. The most significant of them is the ability to pay out your entire balance down to zero, but at a cost of the transaction fee. For bitcoins, enabling this option costs about 2 cents per day. This option will make it more reasonable to have lots of coins with low percentages for those people who want to invest in a huge portfolio.
  • I added the option to ignore Coinwarz's fork detection for specific coins at Chris's discretion, because Coinwarz is providing erroneous data for some coins, which reduces our profitability by marking those coins as disabled due to fork unnecessarily.
  • Chris has revamped some of the terminology and documentation relating to payouts, in addition to moving forward the payout time as much as we can without increasing the risk of bankruptcy or having unconfirmed inputs to our payout transactions.