Status as of Thursday, September 18

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, September 18

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:16 am

While it's not normal to post development status so soon since the last message, there are a few things that I got accomplished and are noteworthy:
  • Do I have to mention that I love this latest panic? We're making 0.00067, which is ridiculous. Years from now, when we can mine 0.00000067, people are going to look at this and remember the days when it was possible to earn an entire bitcoin over the course of a few months with one ASIC. We are also making more dollars as well, as the price of altcoins isn't just increasing over bitcoins, but is also increasing over dollars.
  • Last night, I implemented an endpoint at http://prohashing.com/exchange/poolPicker that will allow the site to be listed on poolpicker.eu. I told Chris to deploy the changes and to send a message to poolpicker.eu to get the site listed. This took several hours because there isn't anything special about bitcoins in the system, but poolpicker lists profitability in bitcoins. We previously only tracked historical earnings in dollars.
  • Chris was unable to compile the litecoindark daemon, so he did not add it to the pool and won't be able to claim the bounty.
[*] Chris is going to install some sort of software to the ASIC he has heating his bedroom, so that the raspberry pi beeps when it disconnects from the pool. That way, he will use his ASIC as an alarm bell that will wake him up to investigate what is wrong.
[*] Chris lowered the maximum difficulty from 13684 to 2048 and tested it. The difficulty change seems to have increased hashrates of all miners. Chris tested several difficulties and determined that this is the optimal one, which eliminates the inefficiencies of Zeus miners. Kristof's hashrate went up by 20%. Rather than add yet another confusing configuration option, we're just going to leave the system set up this way for now, since the bandwidth increase is minimal.

It's amazing how much I can get accomplished when I don't have to work out. Between getting set up, traveling, working out, and taking a shower, it must suck up 1.5 hours out of each night. On Wednesdays (and sometimes Mondays), the two days I don't work out, I can get so much more done.

At this point, it's all up to Chris to market the pool and to get more miners. The more miners we have, the more money everyone makes, because 30% of coins are disabled due to the risk of high variance with our low hashrate.
cryptorific

Re: Status as of Thursday, September 18

Post by cryptorific » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:51 pm

I've messaged several mods of various mining subreddits asking for permission to advertise the pool. Is there anything in particular you'd like to be include in the post title or body when they get back to me regarding the posts?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:15 pm

I'll leave it up to you. I don't want to do micromanagement when I have enough to do and you probably know better how to advertise anyway. I was going to add a second paragraph mentioning some of the pool's strengths that you could choose from, but I decided against it. I want to see what you write as the pool's strengths, as I would probably be swayed by the things that we worked the hardest on or which took a lot of time.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Which sites are you planning to advertise upon. I was going to make an announcement on bitcointalk.org, but if you were planning to do that, then I'll leave it up to you.
cryptorific

Post by cryptorific » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 pm

You can announce on bitcointalk. I haven't been on that in years, a bit of a clusterfuck of a forum imho. I was just gonna announce on reddit's mining forums.