Curious about CC values

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
cryptorific

Curious about CC values

Post by cryptorific » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:03 pm

I'm kinda curious as to where you're getting the cryptocurrency values for the balances from. For instance, my account shows a balance of 0.02568991 BTC and a value of $15.03 but even with the most generous valuation of $488.99/btc from cryptsy the value should only be showing ~$12.51 likewise, the ltc and drk are off by a similar factor.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Curious about CC values

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Hmmm. I'll take a look at this issue. My guess is that the $15.03 is what the bitcoins were worth at the time of mining, as payout thresholds are computed at the time of mining. Otherwise, you might never be paid if the price of bitcoins falls.

But it's been so long since I wrote that that I need to take a look. I'll get back to you.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Curious about CC values

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:58 pm

I resolved this problem. It turns out that the last time the bitcoin_exchange_rate table was updated was on June 21, because when the new server was set up, the cron job to update the table was never turned on. The value on June 21 was 585.01.

I restored that script to normal operation and the values should be corrected now. Since some values are cached, it could take a day before everything is 100% correct.