- Initial testing on the x11 pool has been completed, ahead of the March 11 date that was promised to excelerator and CritterDog. Chris expects to release the test server tonight or tomorrow.
- Initially, we will ask CritterDog to be the only miner on the test server, simply because he volunteered to be first. Once we're confident that his miners are correctly earning money, then we will announce the availability of the server to everyone.
- We expect that this test server will probably be online for a month. We think that only two weeks are needed, but we just received notification that taxes are due on March 15 this year due to an IRS rule change, rather than on April 15 as they always have been. It generally takes Chris about 100 hours to work on taxes, so if there are bugs in the test server, progress could be slow until March 15. The problem with the taxes is that the IRS requires a calculation of "revenue," a useless metric that isn't important to anyone and which we don't get an exact number of because it is extremely difficult to correlate specific blocks to their sale prices. "Profit" is much more important, and we can tell them that at any time, but that's not the only metric they ask for.
- Our target date for the permanent changeover is the weekend of April 15-16. During that weekend, there will be brief downtime while we migrate the last data from the single algorithm server, discontinue all of our old services, and change DNS records and IP addresses to point to what used to be the test server.
- Since nobody complained, the REST API will be discontinued on April 15 when the server changeover occurs. All REST API calls will return 404 errors after that time. Documentation for the WAMP replacement, which provides more data and live data, will be available on the test site when it is announced to everyone in a few days.
We'll post the URL of the test server here as soon as people should start connecting to it!