Status as of Monday, December 12

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Monday, December 12

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:11 am

Good morning! Here's a brief status update:
  • I successfully got the multiple algorithm fork working with scrypt mining. My next task is modifying the website, while Chris works on installing coins on the development servers. He'll install X11 coins on the production servers during the holiday week. Our current target for an initial release remains as the beginning of February.
  • Chris has also been tasked with investigating whether it would make more sense to go all at once, which may introduce a period of bugs, or whether it is feasible to set up a duplicate system where some miners can try out the fork. Given that there will be little incentive for scrypt miners to try out the new system and find bugs before we drop off the single-algorithm system, and that it would probably cost about $2500 to set it up, we're not sure whether that's a good idea or not.
  • We finally isolated the "excessive connections" issue to an issue that, for some reason, seems to result in 15 connections for only one person's miners. The issue doesn't affect other miners, and we're going to try a workaround today. In the meantime, since this seems to be a problem with one person, we're working with him. If we can't figure it out, then we'll have to add code to identify old connections and sever them, in case this happens with other miners in the future.
fugju

Re: Status as of Monday, December 12

Post by fugju » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:47 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: In the meantime, since this seems to be a problem with one person, we're working with him. If we can't figure it out, then we'll have to add code to identify old connections and sever them, in case this happens with other miners in the future.[/list]

Two person ;)

I dont find how to reproduce this, but i solve this problem with changing the workername.
excelerator

Re: Status as of Monday, December 12

Post by excelerator » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Good morning! Here's a brief status update:
  • I successfully got the multiple algorithm fork working with scrypt mining. My next task is modifying the website, while Chris works on installing coins on the development servers. He'll install X11 coins on the production servers during the holiday week. Our current target for an initial release remains as the beginning of February.
  • Chris has also been tasked with investigating whether it would make more sense to go all at once, which may introduce a period of bugs, or whether it is feasible to set up a duplicate system where some miners can try out the fork. Given that there will be little incentive for scrypt miners to try out the new system and find bugs before we drop off the single-algorithm system, and that it would probably cost about $2500 to set it up, we're not sure whether that's a good idea or not.
  • We finally isolated the "excessive connections" issue to an issue that, for some reason, seems to result in 15 connections for only one person's miners. The issue doesn't affect other miners, and we're going to try a workaround today. In the meantime, since this seems to be a problem with one person, we're working with him. If we can't figure it out, then we'll have to add code to identify old connections and sever them, in case this happens with other miners in the future.
I've got a bunch of X11 miners - happy to point a few your way for testing purposes.