Status as of Sunday, November 27

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Sunday, November 27

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Now that the Thanksgiving week is over, here's a status report of where we stand.
  • Most of the week was spent on upgrading our servers to improve our current service and to offer future features, like multiple algorithms. Chris replaced all the hard drives with solid state disks, replaced desktop-grade hardware with server-grade hardware, and reconfigured the internal network to be more resilient. We now have the capacity to host about 400 coins, up from the 200 we are hosting right now. The immediate effects will be better forums performance. Future effects that will shake out over the next month are reduced orphan rates due to better response times from the coin servers, which will lead to more profits (profits will still go down due to A4s coming online, however).
  • During the work, Chris encountered some issues which caused downtime. He had some trouble with a network switch that took other servers offline when he plugged in a new server. He also forgot to enable the software that notifies the mining server of new blocks for some coins, which led to higher orphan rates being reported. If left uncorrected, it will take a month for this inaccurate data to flush out of the system. Chris will adjust the orphan rates for those coins to reflect actual rates, and payouts will rise accordingly.
  • I suggested to some miners who are having difficulty with A4s that they underclock the units and report back, on the grounds that the initial work after a restart causes higher load on the units and overheats them. I'm waiting back to hear whether that improves performance.
  • Chris's immediate tasking is to sell all of the old equipment. If you are looking for a new desktop, contact Chris for a list of items for sale. After he sells everything, the focus will shift back to multiple algorithms, now that the hardware to support them is in place.
  • We are also working through the customer support backlog that accumulated while we were performing all the upgrades. If we haven't gotten back to you, we apologize and are working hard this evening to get back on top of everything. If you see a bug caused by the server installations that we haven't noticed, please let us know.
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vinylwasp

Re: Status as of Sunday, November 27

Post by vinylwasp » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:19 pm

Great work guys, good to see you're investing in maintaining a lead. You UI/UX is just so far ahead of your competitors I'm very happy to stay mining here if you can keep the profits on par.

Undercloking the A4 is built in to the UI so it's a no-brainer to do, but I haven't seen any issues with overheating the A4 on start-up or restarts except for one of my units which arrived with a broken fan. I can't say too much here, but there is a 'major' fix coming from Inno which will cure the card restart issues. I don't have timing as yet I'm afraid but will share the details when I can.