Status as of Thursday, April 27, 2017

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Status as of Thursday, April 27, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:33 am

Good morning! I have three 12-hour days this weekend, since are now earning enough for me to pay a cleaning service to deal with chores that would otherwise have taken up 4-6 hours of time. Here is the plan.
  • I think I figured out a way to use NumPy to do some coin selection math in parallel. On Friday, I'll be making one last round of performance upgrades to the mining server for now. There are still rare instances where the server hits 100% CPU power. I want the maximum to be at 50% - both so that nobody ever gets rejected shares because of overload, and also so that new miners will be able to join without problems.
  • On Saturday, we will deploy those changes and wait a day to see if anyone still has problems with duplicate and stale shares, because we will be able to definitively rule out performance being part of those problems. I'll spend Saturday working with Michael to fix some of the outstanding website issues from the "website wishlist" thread.
  • On Sunday, I'll come back to the mining server and search for bugs that are unrelated to performance, if any major issues remain.
mickeekung

Re: Status as of Thursday, April 27, 2017

Post by mickeekung » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am

Hello. Do you have plan to release SHA256 in the future?
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=8945

https://www.cryptomining.farm/signup/?referrer=59E0E92B882D
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Status as of Thursday, April 27, 2017

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:56 pm

mickeekung wrote:Hello. Do you have plan to release SHA256 in the future?
Maybe, but there are still performance issues that need to be fixed first. We not only need to fix the current issues, but we need to make sure that performance is at least twice as fast as now so that the system can support more coins.

The system can support SHA-256 without a major upgrade as it is written now, so there wouldn't need to be a huge release. The issue is that more customers would mean more efficient code is necessary.