- The majority of the time yesterday was spent resolving the issue with x11 balances, which were 65536 times lower than they should have been. I corrected the system that computes balances and we restarted the server at 6:45pm EDT yesterday, then verified the release. Later, Chris adjusted previous days' balances and they paid out this morning. The issue should be resolved. It turns out that no money had been lost after all - that was a miscommunication about what the problem was. The money was there but had not been credited to users' balances.
- Tonight's work will focus on trying to resolve the problem where static coin miners receive strings of lost blocks and stale shares, because they were not notified that a new block had arrived. We think that this issue might is a mining server performance problem, where it takes too long for block notifications to be processed (and during that time, NiceHash disconnects miners.) We have modified software to significantly reduce load on the server. We'll deploy those changes tonight and hopefully this problem will be resolved.
- We will be hiring a web developer this weekend to resolve website issues, since we have not addressed any website problems resulting from this release. See the "website wishlist" thread if you would like to tell him what to do.
- Chris is aware of a problem where about 22 x11 coins are failing to submit blocks due to some sort of incorrect format the mining server is submitting. This isn't causing lost money, but theoretically the profitability of x11 could be lower because there are 22 fewer coins from which to choose. We'll investigate this issue and hope to fix it soon.
- We're aware that the forums server cuts out periodically. The cause is a failing network card. It's a $10 part, but it would take an entire day to drive to the hosting location and back, time which could be better spent improving profits or fixing more important bugs. We plan to replace it on May 26.
Discussion of development releases of Prohashing.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Good morning. Here's an overview of the project's status this morning:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests