Adding KawPow Algo

Discussion of development releases of Prohashing / Requests for features
Forum rules
The Development forum is for discussion of development releases of Prohashing and for feedback on the site, requests for features, etc.

While we can't promise we will be able to implement every feature request, we will give them each due consideration and do our best with the resources and staffing we have available.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Impalakev

Adding KawPow Algo

Post by Impalakev » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 am

Morning Everyone!

I think the prohashing community can all agree that adding KawPow to the mining Algo list would really be an easy win. ETH proof of stake, Nvidia limiting cards, looks like the prohashing is just a bit behind but not too late! I'd really like to see this added in the near future.

Impalakev
sonicrules

Re: Adding KawPow Algo

Post by sonicrules » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:57 am

Impalakev wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:35 am Morning Everyone!

I think the prohashing community can all agree that adding KawPow to the mining Algo list would really be an easy win. ETH proof of stake, Nvidia limiting cards, looks like the prohashing is just a bit behind but not too late! I'd really like to see this added in the near future.

Impalakev
I agree. In my opinion, it's more important than adding chia, which doesn't seem to be profitable anyways.
NearlyDeparted

Post by NearlyDeparted » Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 pm

I agree, adding Ravencoin and Ergo would seems more important. I think the PH team already has an investment in hardware on Chia and that could be a reason for it coming in sooner.

I also wouldn't mind seeing support for RavencoinLite. That would be a fun add.
cryptomined

Post by cryptomined » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:25 pm

I would like to add my voice to adding the Ergo algo to the mix. People are already migrating hash from Eth to Ergo in anticipation of the end of Eth mining and trying to get in early. This is especially true of AMD based GPU rigs. I would be a customer if you added this algo.

Thanks
------------------------------------------------------
The Crypto Mined
https://cryptomined.net
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMHCRY ... 5OAtekY7g
-------------------------------------------------------
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:07 pm

I'm going to talk to Vance about adding this algorithm next after Chia, because another company has also requested we add it for their customers.
Setvin

Post by Setvin » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:53 am

I feel really dumb because I can't find the "new topic" button - but once you have added KawPow I hope you can look into vertcoin. I looked into it myself recently and they created a NEW "verthash" algo just months ago that can be used on low memory 2gig cards. I think a lot of people, like myself, thought vertcoin was a dead project killed by asiscs - however the devs have created a new algo called verthash only months ago. This could be big! I've been getting a small payout in verthash and you guys offer it as a reward already and somehow my rewards are coming directly from vert-hash blocks already. Seems like you guys have it integrated in some capacity, I understand if it would be on the horizon but adding another asic proof algo that uses cards other algos can't could potentially be a win.