Scrypt profitability is now being adversely affected by the A4s

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
excelerator

Scrypt profitability is now being adversely affected by the A4s

Post by excelerator » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:33 pm

With the release of the A4 last month and the beginning of stabilization of the new hash rate, it looks like LTC difficulty has begun the march up and revenue is dropping.

Yesterday, Prohashing showed LTC at $3.18/MH, a serious drop from what has been a relatively stable $3.3X/MH for sometime.

Further, LTC difficulty has jumped from just below 50,000 to just below 60,000, a ~20% increase in less than one month.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

Using an A2 88MH as a baseline, making money in scrypt is going to get harder and this is likely going to happen quickly.
If you figure power at $0.1 USD/KwH, the A2s began to suffer at 50,000 and with the hike to 60,000, profitability looks to take another 40% hit.
http://www.vnbitcoin.org/detailcalculat ... evel=58578

With fixed costs on electricity biting into profitability, by April of 2017, it could be be a Titan and A4 world.....
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Scrypt profitability is now being adversely affected by the A4s

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:08 pm

Used A2s were still selling for high prices the last time I checked. The people who are buying these A2s are going to be disappointed.
nukepower

Post by nukepower » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:22 pm

yup won't they and you can buy a A4 version for 1300 + some change that does 136 MH so yea no idea why A2's are still so high . they are still use able but not at the 1200 dollar price any more . I guess greed is that bad and they hope a fool won't see the A4 136 that cost maybe 140 more .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A4-Dominator-13 ... SwNRdYAUzz

it comes with everything you need according to seller who came to the alt coins were some one was trying to sell two of the 280 for more them what it cost on Ebay for two with PSU's i thought that was funny .Ofc i posted that link then some one else must of said something or the seller was motioning links clicks
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 pm

nukepower wrote:yup won't they and you can buy a A4 version for 1300 + some change that does 136 MH so yea no idea why A2's are still so high . they are still use able but not at the 1200 dollar price any more . I guess greed is that bad and they hope a fool won't see the A4 136 that cost maybe 140 more .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A4-Dominator-13 ... SwNRdYAUzz
Agree I dont get why the price has stayed up on A2 either.. I had 2- A2s I sold for 600.00 each. One person said he had free electricity so it was a good deal for him. The A4 is way more energy efficient then A2 so even with the bugs I would buy the A4 again over anything else. It will get to the point soon you will have to have a A4 or Titan. Difficulty shooting through roof on Litecoin and on all the script pools I see very high hashrate now on most script coins that are popular
nukepower

Post by nukepower » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:02 pm

yup a all you need for the 136 MH A4 is a 750 watt psu it hashes like four boards on my Alchemist miner does at half the power cost .which was a better miner then the A2 if not = after you flashed the boards with a firmware update someone on the old lite coins forums did to fix them . they came really close to the titan but not close enough then the company that made them went bankrupt , i don't mean MAT the scam company .
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:52 am

LTC is now heading to 70,000.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty
That's a >50% increase in difficulty since June 13th. A2 owners are nearly finished but the new A4 buyers will be hit hardest as they are at the beginning of the capital recovery curve. Even Titan owners who own their rigs are beginning to feel the fixed power costs and diminishing margins.
fugju

Post by fugju » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:35 am

A4 Buyer will never get the ROI if the Diff going again like they do.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:03 am

fugju wrote:A4 Buyer will never get the ROI if the Diff going again like they do.
Fortunately, our switching profitability is going up relative to LTC. It doesn't help the A4s that as of right now have problems when coin-switching, but for other hardware, it does provide a little bit more time before they are completely obsolete.
fugju

Post by fugju » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:03 am

Chris Sokolowski wrote: It doesn't help the A4s that as of right now have problems when coin-switching, but for other hardware, it does provide a little bit more time before they are completely obsolete.
This is not the 1st reason, 280mhs for 2500$ @ 1300Watt ... This is like Antminer S9 in costs and profit. On the diff 50.000 it was ok and most people buy the A4 in the reason that LTC diff was long time near stable . I think we have double of the diff after new year.

And the diff raise now low, because is not easy to get an A4, in europe. I bough my Alcheminer in end september and got my ROI this month and have to sell this very fast...
nukepower

Post by nukepower » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:40 pm

A4 136 mh went down to 1299 in price on ebay and the a2 stayed @ 1000 or better .is it because a4 are having issue and a2 are more stable.