ANNOUNCING GenTarkin's MOD ~ KNC Titan Custom Firmware v1.0.0 release!!!

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GenTarkin

ANNOUNCING GenTarkin's MOD ~ KNC Titan Custom Firmware v1.0.0 release!!!

Post by GenTarkin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:47 am

wait for it.....    Wait for It............  WAIT FOR IT......................

RELEASE of GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware v1.0.0 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-myaccount/ to obtain your FREE UPGRADE and license key(s)!!

New / Unverified previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-shop/ to purchase!!

RELEASE NOTES:

Major Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Added the long awaited “Energy Saver” feature – automatically tunes die voltages for highest effeciency while keeping the die stable as possible & hw% low. ~~MORE INFO http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/ ... -faq-help/ ~~
DCDC Over-Current protection – any DCDC’s detected above 46A will be issued a die reset, if that fails then die speed is clocked down significantly to prevent DCDC failure.
Long Term Stability checking for all dies – bumps voltage up on a die if it becomes unstable more than 2x in a period of 2 days.
Per RPI Cube Tracking – if cubes are added, removed or moved around their last known clocks and volts on a given pi will be restored.
Internet outtage / dead pool detection to prevent miner from constantly resetting itself.
Slight webgui redesign.
Product license activation.
Full Copyright & end user license information.
Much smaller installation file.

Additional Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Full translation of webgui pages to 80+ different languages.
Logging file output format refined and also includes more timestamps now.
Optimized timing of die / cube soft and hard resets.
Fixed format of advanced.conf file not being updated properly when user changes/removes/adds cubes or manually sets dies OFF.
ADVANCED page now shows which dies(if any) are being throttled because of DCDC over temp threshold.
ADVANCED page now auto refreshes every 5 minutes.
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.
For “Energy Saver” implemented cross reboots internal data array tracking capability.
Ability for user to save Log Files to a file to be posted or emailed for diagnostic purposes. (This is part of the Energy Saver options).
Added BALANCE strategy to MINER page – this may work better than LOAD-BALANCE for some users.
Removal of BFGminer version option – in testing 5.1.0 works best with Titans – can re-add later on as an optional installation file if demand is high enough.
More fixes to KNC’s shoddy code.
And many more small fixes / improvements too numerous to list.

All the previous firmware features and improvements are included!

Now … you’re probably asking yourself “yeah yeah, but how much do all these wonderful new features cost?” Simple: $75 first full copy, $35 for additional licenses.

Verified Previous Customers: The upgrade to this firmware is completely FREE for the number of Titans the previous version was purchased. Additional Titans require additional license purchase. If you created an account here previously then you will find license keys issued to your account. **NOTE** If you have not created an account on this site and verified your previous purchases, please contact me - http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/
--
New Customers: Prices as detailed above.

***IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTICE*** – Upon upgrading to and activation of this firmware, its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to keep track of which license was used on your KNC Titan(s). An easy way to do this is create backups of your Titan(s) after activating, then keep record of which backup went to which Titan.

***PRODUCT NOTICE*** – upon purchasing / obtaining this software, the end user agrees to the license terms set forth here(this file is also contained in my firmware): gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/gentarkin_mod/LICENSE

FOLLOWUP REMINDER .... gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com is currently the ONLY VALID SOURCE of my firmware.

All others are fake clones based on outdated and extremely buggy code.
kires

Re: ANNOUNCING GenTarkin's MOD ~ KNC Titan Custom Firmware v1.0.0 release!!!

Post by kires » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:03 am

I've installed it, and so far it's working as advertised. Most of my dies are running at lower voltages, and my Titans seem to be more stable, in that my reported hashrate chart here seems a bit smoother on top over the last 24 +/- hours. I'm not certain how significant that admittedly subjective metric is, but it seems worth mentioning. One odd thing, though. One miner completed the Energy saver config in 15 minutes or so, and the other took over 24 hours, likely due to some of my dies being dead. Speaking of which, I know of one or two people out there who are fixing dead dies. Does anyone here know of any, or of any that are better than others?
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:13 pm

15mins.... that doesnt seem right, if you could send the logfiles to an email using the contact page on my site that would be great =)
Would like to see what happened on that rig.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:14 pm

ANNOUNCING VOLUME DISCOUNTS!!!
Priced as follows:
1-9 licenses - STANDARD PRICING

10-30 license pack - 5% discount - coupon code: volume10-5-350
31-50 license pack - 10% discount - coupon code: volume31-10-1085
51+ license pack - 15% discount - coupon code: volume51-15-1785
To qualify, all licenses must be purchased in 1 purchase!

note: past purchases do not apply towards volume discounts.

For other possible discounts contact me directly: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm

GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan firmware v1.0.2 RELEASE NOTES - maintenance release

-Fixed an issue in regards to user specified api-allow settings in "manual edit" mode. Its a bug thats been around since v99e and someone just pointed out to me. Basically, the "API readonly checkbox" was overriding any user specified settings for the api-allow entry. Now, when user changes this line the "API read only checkbox" setting is ignored until the api-allow line is restored to its original setting OR its removed entirely.

-Activation: due to an unforseen situation regarding activation, the manual method of reactivation was not working as intended. This is now fixed. For any miner you try to reactivate w/ its respective(matching license) it should reactivate w/o issue now.

note: The updated download file is found in your account if you purchased the "FULL COPY"
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:11 pm

GenTarkin's Mod - Firmware - IMPORTANT NOTICE

Before enabling "Energy Saver": please set any dies which are listed in autobypass to OFF, then clear the autobypass list, then apply settings, then enable "Energy Saver".

Doing so will result in slightly faster and much more accurate results.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:46 pm

GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan firmware v1.0.4 RELEASE NOTES - maintenance release

-Energy Saver: Fixed an issue where in some situations Energy Saver would get stuck on a stage in an infinite loop due to incorrect die counting results.

-Energy Saver: If incorrect die counting results still results in a loop for stages.. wrote a fallback to guarantee no infinite loops would occur by forcibly going to the next stage if the current stage is running for over 48hrs.

-Energy Saver: If any dies are detected being auto-bypass when user starts Energy Saver, it will show a notification that those dies need to be set to OFF(and settings applied) prior to starting Energy Saver.

In short, if you installed my previous builds and had energy saver run for over a week...then its highly possible one of the stages is stuck in an infinite loop. This release will fix that.

note: The updated download file is found in your account if you purchased the "FULL COPY"
note: Prior to upgrading, please stop Energy Saver if its running. Then install upgrade, reboot then start Energy Saver.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Mon May 23, 2016 10:22 pm

Have you had the chance to test BFGMiner 5.4.2 to see if it performs better than 5.1 in your current build?
Can I install 5.4.2 without breaking the current custom firmware release? I decided to try and update the whole Linux system and did a build/compile of 5.4.2 but ended up in a reboot loop and had to reload a backup image. The latest Linux updates include some updates to resolve the SSL security vulnerabilities which I think the current firmware doesn't address.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Tue May 31, 2016 2:05 pm

gaanthony wrote:Have you had the chance to test BFGMiner 5.4.2 to see if it performs better than 5.1 in your current build?
Can I install 5.4.2 without breaking the current custom firmware release? I decided to try and update the whole Linux system and did a build/compile of 5.4.2 but ended up in a reboot loop and had to reload a backup image. The latest Linux updates include some updates to resolve the SSL security vulnerabilities which I think the current firmware doesn't address.
I have tried to build knc's 5.4.2 bfgminer on my Titan and it fails to compile. So, I gave up. They havent made an official binary/build release so, I really have nothing to work with.
Theres really no reason to upgrade the underlying linux packages for the sake of SSL ... its not like your browsing the web w/ the pi thats mining... well you shouldnt be LOL!

UPDATE: just tried recompiling and it worked this time ... LOL! So, Im testing it, I will release it as an " free upgrade package" to my firmware if all goes well. It will replace the BFG 5.1.0 if thats what people want. Will let ya know. No idea when Ill get around to finalizing this tho.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:00 am

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Quick update for anyone interested and using GenTarkin's MOD (my firmware)...

Ive tested knc 2.0.2 firmware and implemented it into my firmware as a free addon package.
Changes include -
new BFGMiner 5.4.2 from KNC for the Titan
an updated version of waas utility
I changed my licensing info a bit

Ive already sent out emails to my customer w/ the information.

More information and download links here:
gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/ann-bfgminer-5-4-2-installeruninstaller-files-for-my-firmware-free/