Don't know what's wrong

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
anbhimi

Don't know what's wrong

Post by anbhimi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:15 pm

Hi,

I am a newbie to the world of mining crypto. I have started with prohashing on my machine. I followed the documentation and started running through my terminal. But I was not able to mine any crypto by the end of 24 hours or so. I am not sure of what's going wrong with my process. Can somebody assist me?
Thabuzzmaker

Re: Don't know what's wrong

Post by Thabuzzmaker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:30 pm

What are you trying to mine with?

GPU or ASIC? And what algoritm?
anbhimi

Post by anbhimi » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:45 am

I was trying with ASIC Miner with SHA-256 and Scrypt Algorithm. I could see the hashes running on my terminal. But after 24 hours I did not observe any change.
Daniel

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:24 pm

One thing: successful mining of coins using SHA-256 often requires hash rates at the gigahashes per second (GH/s) range or higher. That means it's generally more difficult for individual miners to use.

The main question is - What are you trying to mine with?

And my recomendation: check configuration.
In my opinion, the possible reason could be: your machine (SHA-256) does not understand the work that must be done for scrypt. If they both speak different languages and therefore do not understand each other, you simply cant to mine anything.