cgminer config to mine BSV

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kent808

cgminer config to mine BSV

Post by kent808 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Can anyone share their cgminer config to mine BSV? Specifically I don't know how to use the password value of c=bitcoinsv,i=r606 that the miner configuration page notes when I select BitcoinSV and GekkoScience as my rig.

Thanks
Dr Greg

Re: cgminer config to mine BSV

Post by Dr Greg » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:52 am

Hi, Happy to help but keep a few things in mind

1) If your using windows , your kinda screwed . Zadig and all the other nasty stuff makes your R606 unusable. The setup below is a Linux setup.
2) if your using wifi pack the whole thing up and forget it, you HAVE to use ethernet . Wi Fi will never get you a decent hashrate and it will drop the pool connection every 2 minutes.

This is my config

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXX -p a=sha-256,n=XXXXXXXX,i=r606 --widescreen --net-delay --gekko-newpac-detect --gekko-newpac-freq 585 --gekko-r606-detect --gekko-r606-freq 735

As im using three R606 and 19 newpacs you dont need everything I listed.

3) After the -u put in your prohashing user name (NOT your email address, after the n=give the worker a name so you can see it on the dashboard.

4) Your set up for BSV and with all the other carry on missing would look like this

./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3335 -u XXXXXXXXXXXX -p a=sha-256,c=bitcoinsv,m=pplns,i=r606 ,n=XXXXXXX, --widescreen ---gekko-r606-detect --gekko-r606-freq 735

if you want to mine solo then change the m=pplns to m=solo, or if you want to static mine only bitcoinSV (which would make your earning much lower, it would be m=pps)

Hope this helps
isislu

Re: cgminer config to mine BSV

Post by isislu » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:00 am

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the answers.