U.S. Crypto Regulation: Will There be Changes in 2021?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CryptoKri

U.S. Crypto Regulation: Will There be Changes in 2021?

Post by CryptoKri » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:58 am

It has been a great year for cryptocurrencies in general. Some of the bigger cryptocurrencies saw a lot of increase in value which made a lot of people earn profits. Because of how well crypto has been doing, there is a lot of attention surrounding it. Seeing that the results of the 2020 general elections in the US have been verified. The president-elect Joe Biden’s administration will have to take over the mantle of regulating this industry in the US.

The Clarity in Securities Law
Last year, the SEC launched the Framework for Digital Assets which is supposed to be a sort of rule and guide book into the rules and regulations of dealing with digital assets such as cryptocurrency. Although a valiant effort, this framework has left many unanswered questions and raised new and valid ones. For instance, it’s not clear how the Howey Test will be applied in a decentralized network or who an “Active Participant” is. For instance, crypto lawyers have raised concerns when it comes to the Howey Test’s “efforts of others” appliance to decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols.

The DeFi Market
DeFi has had one of the most incredible years so far. With a little under $3 billion in assets under management at the beginning of 2020, the industry now boasts close to $14 billion which is no small feat. This is according to recent data in the DeFi Pulse. However, there are several red flags in several agencies regarding how funds are being raised to support this DeFi boom. The method used was similar to the ICO bomb back in 2017.

Read more in: https://crypto.co/technology/u-s-crypto ... s-in-2021/
DavidTodd

Re: U.S. Crypto Regulation: Will There be Changes in 2021?

Post by DavidTodd » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:31 am

I've used bitcoin.tax in the past and like it but this time I think im just gonna keep track of my own spreadsheet. prefer having control of it. I avoided trading in 2020 to avoid tax liability, so I don't have to worry about it until 2021 taxes
TaraHobbs

Re: U.S. Crypto Regulation: Will There be Changes in 2021?

Post by TaraHobbs » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:29 am

While the original post is from a couple of years ago, the topic of U.S. crypto regulation remains highly relevant. The crypto landscape continues to evolve, and regulatory changes are an ongoing discussion.
Especially in the realm of DeFi, where significant growth has occurred, concerns about regulation persist. It's crucial for anyone involved in the crypto space to stay informed about the latest developments in regulation.
If you're still grappling with regulatory issues or compliance concerns related to crypto, don't hesitate to consult with the Best Securities Regulation Lawyers. Their expertise in securities law can provide valuable guidance and help you navigate the ever-changing regulatory landscape.