LTC to USD?

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kires

LTC to USD?

Post by kires » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 am

Given the issues and uncertainty that BTC is currently facing, I'm wondering if it would be possible to cut it out of my process entirely, in favor of LTC. I'm not interested in holding any coins at this time, so I'm currently using Coinbase to convert BTC to USD and send it to my bank account. Coinbase, as you know, does not support LTC which means I have to use BTC to convert my earnings to USD. I've been looking around, but I've not found an exchange that works for selling LTC as simply as coinbase does for BTC. Some don't work with US banks, some charge hilarious fees, and.. well, I haven't found any that get the job done better than Coinbase. Do you know of any exchanges that can:

1. Convert LTC to USD.
2. Send the money to a US bank account.
3. Do both of these things while not charging fees that make it pointless to use their service?
Some1notu

Re: LTC to USD?

Post by Some1notu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:53 am

Circle is MUCH better than Coinbase, but it doesn't do LTC either.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:12 am

I don't know of any automated method, but you can use Poloniex to sell LTC to USDT and then use Tether to transfer USD to your bank account.
kires

Post by kires » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks, guys. Tether looks pretty neat, except for that bit about charging 20 bucks per payout to a bank account.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:42 am

Wow, I didn't know about how expensive their transfers were. I've never used their service, I just knew it existed.
kires

Post by kires » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Yeah, Coinbase really seems to be the only game in town for getting small amounts of btc proceeds to one's bank account. Explains why I was having a hard time finding something better, at least. :lol:
Some1notu

Post by Some1notu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:09 pm

Seriously, Circle has better prices and doesn't fuck with you like Coinbase.
kires

Post by kires » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:21 pm

I'll check them out. Thanks!