For those with idle CPU's

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
keydric

For those with idle CPU's

Post by keydric » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:11 pm

I had a few of my spare CPU's pointed at Prohashing up until the Monero hardfork. I'm pointing all my cpu's a new direction until Prohashing decides.

If you don't know what to do with your CPU's, give CryptoTab a try (referral link).
It acts like a Chrome based browser, but ignore that part. It has functioning Monero miner built in that runs fine and converts to BTC. As long as the browser window is not minimized, it will run.
Running looks like this:

The browser does not need to be the foreground application or even be used at all outside of acting like a mining window. You can install it on as many PC's as you want and just log into your account on each to pool your hash.

I've had it running off and on a couple PC's at home for about a year, I pull a payout every moth and in total before the randomX fork, total mined and paid: 0.01250096 BTC. I recently setup a little farm in the basement with old PC's and I am averaging 10000 sats per day. Below is a daily snapshot taken at around the same time everyday, last 12 days. Here's the Link again, CryptoTab
Last edited by keydric on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
keydric

Re: For those with idle CPU's

Post by keydric » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Also, the mobile browser helps keep track of all your miners.

NearlyDeparted

Re: For those with idle CPU's

Post by NearlyDeparted » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:40 am

I thought I would put out a little update as this is still paying out well and is really set and forget. Payment history for 2020.
Download Link - https://cryptotabbrowser.com/10259506