Punish the Cryptsy bots :)

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Some1notu

Punish the Cryptsy bots :)

Post by Some1notu » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:05 pm

I've just spent the last 30 minutes PUNISHING bot users on Cryptsy. You should try it out. It is hilarious :lol:

I used like 50 cents worth of Dash to make bots sell off into huge cheap buy walls :D If you detect a bot, which is easy...........they will constantly go 1 sat lower than your sell price. When you see this.....PONCE!!! Set a small sell amount one sat higher than the current buy....the bot will sell into the buy. When you see the bot cancel an offer, quickly cancel yours so you don't accidentally sell into a buy. Bot will sell into the buy, so just rinse and repeat until you get the price down to a nice cheap buy wall, sell at one sat higher again, and POOF!!! the bot sells into the cheap buy and is gone.

If you are placing sells and cancelling quickly enough, you will not sell anything.....then can safely place your sell at a decent price........until the bot gets reloaded.......then you know what to do :evil:
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Punish the Cryptsy bots :)

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:38 am

I've noticed that too, but for selling coins. Our small buys frequently manipulate bots to sustain high buy prices.

For example, in the Junkcoin market, one time we found that there was a bot that was placing 1000 JKC buy orders. Once we sold through a 1000 JKC order, it would place another 1000 JKC buy order at 1 Satoshi above the lowest buy price. So I maniplated the market by placing buy orders 2 Satoshi below the lowest sell price. Then we programmed our server to only sell 1000 JKC at a time. Every time we sold 1000 JKC, it would place another 1000 JKC at 1 Satoshi above our buy order, i.e. the highest possible price.

This way we could sell as many JKC as we wanted without the price dropping. We milked that bot for about 2 BTC before the operator figured it out and stopped buying.