Prohashing!!

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ultiman2

Re: Prohashing!!

Post by ultiman2 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:04 am

You can mine many coins with different devices and then receive the payout in the coin you like or can split different % to many coin. Like me i like btc right now but i was receiving in the past payout 50% btc and 50% ltc.

You pay a little bit more 5% but you can manage more stuff from one place and you dont need to exchange your coins yourself, you receive payout in what coin you like
BoogerHook

Post by BoogerHook » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:36 am

You mean coin switching, not so much algorithm switching.

There are a couple ways to mine with prohashing.

1. PPS: Mine an algorithm(s) and select what coin(s) and percentages you want to be paid in. For instance, I have scrypt, x11, and sha-256 miners running, but am getting paid in BTC right now. I've done blends of coins including BTC, BCH, LTC, DOGE, CLAM, etc in the past. This method is a good way to build a portfolio. The benefit is you don't have to mess with an exchange (like ultiman2 said). The only time you have to worry about your algorithm is if your connecting to the proxy server on port 443. Otherwise just use the algorithm specific port in the address.
a. PPS (single coin): If you have problems with coin switching you can use the

Code: Select all

c=<coinname>
password argument to mine a single coin. This method may not be the most efficient way to make $$ with PPS as you can end up mining less profitable coins when profitability changes. Also it is important to have a failover pool when you use single coin mining. Other wise if the coin you chose falls into error you won't be making $$.

2. Solo: You use the

m=solo
and

c=<coinname>
password arguments (Visit the help page for more info) to set what coin you want to solo mine. You get paid only in that coin when you find a block or when you submit a share that credits you for merged mined coins. The pool cut is less with this method, because the miner takes on the risk of bad luck.
cindapagan

Post by cindapagan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:01 am

Thank you! This helps.