Cryptopia Introducing A New Option – Cancel Orders

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
CSZiggy

Re: Cryptopia Introducing A New Option – Cancel Orders

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:25 am

I personally will never be using them again.

There are plenty of places users can use for mining, exchanges, and wallets. If a site isn't secure then it loses my business.
I would put cryptopia right up there with NICEHASH after it's crash and they still havent repaid nor do they ever intend to repay affected customers.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:11 am

Just an FYI in case you had a balance at NiceHash, they do intend to repay - https://www.nicehash.com/news/nicehash- ... ate-jan-19
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:25 am

I deleted this post because it was false information. Cryptopia had always had the option to cancel orders, but this post misrepresented it as a new feature.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:50 am

hobospices wrote:Just an FYI in case you had a balance at NiceHash, they do intend to repay - https://www.nicehash.com/news/nicehash- ... ate-jan-19
They repaid 71% like back in the summer and when I contacted their tech support they told me flat out, they have NO responsibility to ever repay it in full nor do they ever intend to.

That just means if you want to get your 71% back, you can do it via the website until the date in Feb, else you have to contact the help pages via email to be included. And they now have ways to opt out or donate what is left back to nicehash. No dates are listed and as of my last contact they do not intend to ever fully repay for THEIR mistake that cost their users $. instead they 'SOLD' the site to another company so the new company isnt responsible.

I think chemical companies do that so they can duck out of responsibilities for cleanups and spills.
hobospices

Post by hobospices » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:55 am

Sadly, there is no Erin Brockovich of Crypto...