KNC Titan Firmware Update! (unofficial) W00t, hooray, and hallelujah!

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kires

KNC Titan Firmware Update! (unofficial) W00t, hooray, and hallelujah!

Post by kires » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:43 am

FIrst off, here's the thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1161011.0

Or, for those of you who prefer to live dangerously:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/rele ... 9b_don.bin

And lastly, here's the regular Github page.
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/

If this does what it says on the tin, I might just name my next child after the author... Just 'sayin.
GenTarkin

Re: KNC Titan Firmware Update! (unofficial) W00t, hooray, and hallelujah!

Post by GenTarkin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:59 am

Haha, Ive been trying to create an account on this forum for a couple months now, the captcha was not working right, this time it did!

Anywho, thanks for posting my links to my firmware. And yes, the firmware works as advertised =)

Im gearing up to make the greatest release yet. It features "Energy Saver" ... which basically takes your already set clocks and voltages then fine tunes each dies voltage to get the lowest power usage while ending up w/ a decent hw% err rate & maintaining stability.
Ive been working on the code and testing for a month now , its shaping up great =)

The current version of the firmware can be purchased here: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com
Validity of this site can be proven w/ my github readme notes =) https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:13 am

Quick PSA:

Vegasguy has re-opened his site and updated his ebay ad.
I want to make PERFECTLY CLEAR ... the version he is selling is fake and unfinished, it is from my test builds. In the terms of version It is NOT the official v1.0 in fact, its my very unfinished and buggy code of the "Energy Saver" edition. Several bugs Ive discovered since then can be detrimental to the Titan.
If you purchase from him, you will receive no support from myself(the creator of the current release v.99e).

Id like to remind everyone once again MY website & the official way to obtain the firmware is http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com

If any of you are upset about this as I am, I encourage spreading the word to let others know.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:12 pm

EXCITING NEWS!!!!:

Just finished up my first RC build of "Energy Saver" ... will be tested soon. Its almost ready for release woohooo!    ~ granted there arent any major bugs that creep up beyond this point ha! =P
kires

Post by kires » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:02 pm

I just purchased the latest version, and I'm happy with it. It bounced my miner a few times when it first started running, but after that it stabilized. So far, it seems to have wrung about 20-25 mhs from one of my miners, which I had thought was running as well as it was going to, so that's pretty awesome. Granted, it'll be a while before the Firmware pays for itself, but the increased efficiency indicates that it eventually will. YMMV, but I'm duly impressed with it.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:04 pm

kires wrote:I just purchased the latest version, and I'm happy with it. It bounced my miner a few times when it first started running, but after that it stabilized. So far, it seems to have wrung about 20-25 mhs from one of my miners, which I had thought was running as well as it was going to, so that's pretty awesome. Granted, it'll be a while before the Firmware pays for itself, but the increased efficiency indicates that it eventually will. YMMV, but I'm duly impressed with it.

Thanks for your purchase and support!!! =)

Im trying to get as many bugs squished outta my next release. Im hoping within a week or 2 it will be out.
Also, note ... the version on ebay that stays its v1.0 elec saving and the version at bitcoinlasvegas.net are based off my early test code for "energy saver". It was not approved by myself for that guy to sell. It is buggy and *can* do more harm then good.
He has effectively decided to steal my IP and sell it for his sole profit. Therefore, any purchases made other than from my site will not be eligible for support from myself - the developer.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:29 am

Did you consider filing a complaint with eBay? There are ways to get products delisted from eBay when they are stolen goods.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:14 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Did you consider filing a complaint with eBay? There are ways to get products delisted from eBay when they are stolen goods.
Yeah, I sent them a DMCA letter, no response.
GenTarkin

Post by GenTarkin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:33 pm

Since Im inching closer to release every day and hopefully its right around the corner. Figured I would post a preview picture of the ADVANCED page. Shows the updated "Energy Saver" options, also note the blue progress banner at the top ... this banner will be on every major webgui page while "Energy Saver" is in progress. That banner will turn green when tuning is complete and awaiting user input (Selecting to keep the tuned settings or revert to pretuned settings" ... once selected it will do what the user selects then "Energy Saver" will be turned off and user selection applied.
The HELP page which you can see linked there, will provided a form of Q&A for users regarding "Energy Saver" and how it works.