Re: Blake algorithm

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ltc2084

Post by ltc2084 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:54 am

alim

Re: Re: Blake algorithm

Post by alim » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:11 am

There are a lot of A3s out there looking for an alternative to the sia mining pools. Although there are only two coins I know of (one not yet listed on an exchange), it could bring in a lot of people who want to use their kit to mine for charity, or mine for new ALT coins. Right now, I doubt solo mining is an option for Blake 2. Other Pool's fees for Blake is higher than most other algos.

PS: After you get the CN algo online of course. Tons of X3, Baikal, Dragonmint miners looking for a way to avoid shareware pool software which doesn't guarantee a payout if you have to switch coins.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am

I'll look into this algorithm next. I remember that there were a lot of people who wanted this algorithm, but I only found a few coins for it and was wondering why there was so much interest. But it could be a while, because I first want to make sure that all the existing algorithms are optimized and working as best as they can.
alim

Post by alim » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:23 am

Sia and Hyperspace are the only ones I mine - Pool fees are circa 3% plus if you want to trade for another coin, it is a minimum of say 0.1% on Binance and many others.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:46 pm

And you want to switch pools to here and pay 4.99% instead of 3% for pool fees?

Blake2B wouldn't that be a solo mining pool?
If there were 5 coins to swap between and always be on the highest that would be awesome.
But with only having 1 or 2 coins....seems like a static mine not a retargetable one.
teleworm1337

Post by teleworm1337 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:54 pm

After you get the CN algo online of course. Tons of X3, Baikal, Dragonmint miners looking for a way to avoid shareware pool software which doesn't guarantee a payout if you have to switch coins.