Can we boost X11 some how???

Shorter thoughts and general discussion of cryptocurrency related topics
Forum rules
The Cryptocurrency Discussion forum is complementary to Bitcoin Thoughts and is a a place to discuss shorter thoughts about bitcoins, altcoins, and cryptocurrencies.

Topics may include bitcoin prices, outlooks on altcoins, cryptocurrency development, economics, and more. Feel free to share outlooks on other things as long as the major focus is on cryptocurrencies. Announcement posts are prohibited in this forum; review the rules in the other Prohashing forums for the best place to post your announcement.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
doodapunisha

Can we boost X11 some how???

Post by doodapunisha » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi team.

Just wondering if Futuro Coin is still the most profitable coin on X11?

I have 4x D3's and am itching to make more on this pool with them. Steve, in your hours and hour of free time everyday :lol: can you please look how we can do this?

Adding more profitable coins, or faster change over times, or please give us optimal settings for our ASICS, etc, etc.

I saw Top Cash coin was at 166 cents for about 30 minutes and none of our hashing went on to it.

Thanks a mil.
CSZiggy

Re: Can we boost X11 some how???

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:04 am

I would guess the most profitable coin on X-11 would be the autoswapping coin vs a static one.

Adding more profitable coins would help, are there any out there for X11 that aren't currently up on the list?
I think the pool switches as fast as it can, and for optimal settings, Id say just go with nothing and let the pool pick it.

"I saw Top Cash coin was at 166 cents for about 30 minutes and none of our hashing went on to it."
If the pool pushed any hash on it, it would have dropped the profit of the coin down to 0 after 1 or 2 found blocks, all the others in between likely would have come up stales and not been given any credit. It's why it's not beneficial to cherry-pick mine the top coins with a bot. The sha-256 teacoin was one we asked about last week, instead of the bitcoin 38 cents teacoin was like 1,230 cents. As it turned out all the botted miners that jumped on it, got a ton of stale shares and no credit as the coin had such a low difficulty that blocks were found fast and all the rest of the work inbetween wasn't counted as they were stales.

Not sure if TOP CASH coin would have fallen into that same category, but there are also other reasons, if enough solo miners pick that coin and enough hash is already on it, then the auto picker wont swap to it, allowing the solo miners to hit it 2 or 3 times before it dries up.

I did see the X-11 profits nearly doubled the other day from 1 day to the next, so that must have been a good day.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Can we boost X11 some how???

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:25 am

CSZiggy wrote:I would guess the most profitable coin on X-11 would be the autoswapping coin vs a static one.

Adding more profitable coins would help, are there any out there for X11 that aren't currently up on the list?
I think the pool switches as fast as it can, and for optimal settings, Id say just go with nothing and let the pool pick it.

"I saw Top Cash coin was at 166 cents for about 30 minutes and none of our hashing went on to it."
If the pool pushed any hash on it, it would have dropped the profit of the coin down to 0 after 1 or 2 found blocks, all the others in between likely would have come up stales and not been given any credit. It's why it's not beneficial to cherry-pick mine the top coins with a bot. The sha-256 teacoin was one we asked about last week, instead of the bitcoin 38 cents teacoin was like 1,230 cents. As it turned out all the botted miners that jumped on it, got a ton of stale shares and no credit as the coin had such a low difficulty that blocks were found fast and all the rest of the work inbetween wasn't counted as they were stales.

Not sure if TOP CASH coin would have fallen into that same category, but there are also other reasons, if enough solo miners pick that coin and enough hash is already on it, then the auto picker wont swap to it, allowing the solo miners to hit it 2 or 3 times before it dries up.

I did see the X-11 profits nearly doubled the other day from 1 day to the next, so that must have been a good day.
We changed some settings to make sure that people who are trying to mine the most profitable coins without using automatic switching will find it more difficult to do that now. For example, people who waste CPU resources with too many stale blocks are temporarily banned.

In the case you described, the reason those coins weren't being mined was because their difficulty was too low. Had we placed all the hashrate we were using to mine bitcoins onto those networks, 9,999 out of 10,000 blocks would have been stale. The difficulty places a limit on how much profit can be earned with easy coins because blocks would be found too quickly with a lot of miners assigned to the coin.